Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hi. I Feel like I am the only one.

Re: Hi. I Feel like I am the only one.

Hi mate, firstly I am glad you have realised that you are not alone. I do not have experience of the blood pressure tablets, however I am now 38 and have had experience of depression, panic attacks and anxiety on and off from about 16 years old. The advice about speaking to your G.P. is only good if he/she is a good doctor, or it can be counter productive. Most G.P.s even the good ones have a limited knowledge in these mental health related areas and certainly what impact certain medication has on an individual. The good news is that there is plenty of good information out there online, books and C.D.s. As has been alluded to by another member, there is an element of trial and error, but I have no doubt you will find the right combination of medication, lifestyle and most importantly your thinking as you have no reason to feel ashamed or stigmatised. How we think is linked to C.B.T. Cognative behavioural therapy, the idea being that if we change how we think, it follows that we change how we feel and behave also.
    In summary, try not to be too critical of yourself, take your time to breathe and find balance, peace and ultimately joy in your life once again, know that you are not alone and that things can and will improve. All the best, Stephen.

Hiya Buster, how are you today ?

xx

Thanks Stephen. I have a CBT appointment on the 23rd of this month.

Nutty, Not been out of bed today believe it or not. I am looking at the diazipam and I don't know whether to take one or not? I don't want to be floating in the air. Does anyone know the average it takes for the increased anxiety side effect to subside?

Hey Buster,

just wondering whether you had the option of going on propanolol before diazepam? propanolol is a beta-blocker that negates the affect of adrenaline and relaxes your heart, most people get very few side effects yet a reduction in anxiety.

Benzo's (Diazepam) affect people in different ways so it is hard to say how long side effects may last if they occur at all - but remember these drugs are only temporary fix - i would not use them myself as i think just sedating someone does not deal with the problem but masks it for a while but that really is only my opinion so you do what you gotta do - but believe me as dark as it may seem now you will get through this and it will be you that does it not the Diazepam.

Hi Whatsgoingon. No, I was not offered propanolol, maybe due to the fact I am also on a blood pressure med.

Aww buster, are you any better today? xxxx

Hi Nutty, on day 8 today. It's still tough, not sleeping much. Feeling anxious too. Had to take my wife for a hospital appointment this morning. I managed though. I would love to be able to sleep well. How are you?

Thanks everyone, Just an update.

I have just got back from an emergency appointment with my own usual GP. He asked me what the problem was. I told him I saw another GP 12 days ago and told him I was suffering with High anxiety and had two panic attacks in the space of a month. I told him that I could not use cit as I had a bad reaction to it 26 months ago so he prescribed prozac. I then told my my own doctor today that for the last eight nights I have had hardly any sleep and this morning I could not sit still as I was that agitated I have to keep getting up and moving about. He looked at me and said PROZAC is not the correct drug to use for anxiety or panic attacks and it is that drug that is making me agitated to the point of being uncontrollable. He told me to stop taking PROZAC immediately as I have only been taking it for nine days I should be ok????? As soon as the drug leaves my system I should settle down.

I have two questions.

1. Is it right I can just stop it like this after taking my nineth one this morning before the doctors visit?

2. How long before it leaves my system?

I am starting cbt on the 23rd of this month and I am booking a session with a hypnotherapist this weekend.

Sorry for the multi posts but I wanted to update everyone who is following these threads.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information