Thread: muscle tension

muscle tension

hi,
    just wondering if anyone can relate .

ive been through a massive anxious week panic attacks everyday seeing me n a and e ove rthe weekend.

however im suffering with massive chest pains in my arms and boobs and top of my ribs top of my abdomen. my shoulders neck and occasionally back kill. its causing me to get quite upset. the doc sad its muscle tension it really is uncomfortable.

just wondered if any1 else has suffered from ths and if they have could you offer any advce please x

Re: muscle tension

I get this a lot, and even if my concious mind says I am not stressed,muscle tension will tell me I am, so what I usually do is have a hot bath then get nice & warm and lie down listening to a relaxation tape, it may take doing this a few times over a few days, but generally find that this works, or use a hot wheat bag across the shoulders, and the tape. I find it amazing how many problems muscle tension can cause. hope this helps,and have a big big virtual hug

thank you never though about using my hot water bottle ts so frustrating cos its when i move the pains worse so logically that should reassure me bt it doesnt want the dam thing to go loads more relaxation needed xx

I have had good luck with myofacial release/trigger point massage. They can be expensive so I don't do it very often but it does seem to help.

i always have a painful tensed shoulders and neck.. i use a wheatbag regularly and i need to start getting into baths but i find them a bit scary!

good luck, hope you feel better soon

im suffering exactly the same pains ive been takin pain killers and warm baths muscle ease rub relaxation wish i could be more helpful x

Neck and shoulder tension always appears with my anxiety. I now have days when there is very little tension after seeing a physio for a while.

I suffer with terrible neck, back and shoulder tension. I go for regular deep muscle massage therapy as it's the only thing that seems to work. I have a hot bath most nights, I use a wheat bag on my shoulders when I'm watching TV and I listen to a relaxation CD when I go to bed. It's horrible, I get terrible tension headaches and regularly crick my neck. I just hold all the tension in that part of my body though and it drives me mad. Just wish I wasn't like it so I can sympathise how you feel I ache all over from it. ....

but try some of these things and I'm sure they will help.

Thread Information