Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: petrified of bowel/ovarian/stomach/liver cancer etc.

petrified of bowel/ovarian/stomach/liver cancer etc.

Hi, been having IBS and acid reflux symtoms for a long time now (not sure its that though as ive never been tested)
    - burping
    - bad stomach pain
    - got twitching near ovary two days ago
    - weird dischare (sometimes yellow) or clear and a lot of it
    - Constipation sometimes
    - One irreglaur period (two in one month, one was a light brown colour- looked like dirrrohea, was light and painless)
    Also sometimes get a lot of discharge when getting stomach pains.
    Had this for 6 months last year to and used to get thrush like stuff to. never seen a doc about it.
    Have to go into surgery early tomoz to get an evening app. BUT im scared to death of them telling me they suspect cancer.

Re: petrified of bowel/ovarian/stomach/liver cancer etc.

The best place to start in at the doctors. You have to be checked out. It could be IBS, it could be the time of the month that you are ovulating. I get bad pains in my lower abdomen. The doctor will examine you and suggest the best next action. Try not to worry it doesn't change anything. It's a good thing you are going to see the doctor and move forward from this. The discharge sound normal to me, brown discharge usually means the very end of a period.

Hope this helps.
    Kathy

thanks, i just cant help but think cancer :(

get checked out but I bet your problem is not cancer, it's anxiety

like most of us on here you are fixated on getting a big gothic disease when it could be something quite straightforward and easily treated

Good luck

Emma

I have just spent the last 12 months (yes, 12 months) convinced I had ovarian cancer or bowel cancer - it was resurgence of crippling health anxiety after 15 years free of it and the fact that I am terrified of hospitals doesn't help either LOL!

I have made myself physically ill worrying about this to the point of virtual breakdown. I have had lots of blood tests and exams (to put my mind at rest) and guess what - NOTHING ! IBS and anxiety is the end diagnosis - and do you know what I have a choice now accept that or keep going on in ever decreasing circles.

I know that I am feeling better now because I have decided to accept it and get on with it and I kinda feel that if it was ovarian/bowel cancer I would be really ill by now! (And I tell you something else too Emma - I have also "suffered" from breast cancer/brain tumour/heart attacks and every damn thing else that anxiety throws at you when you are at your lowest ebb and hooray I have survived. AND SO WILL YOU HUN!

Please make a list of your worries and go to see the doc with them - they should be able to try and help you see that it is anxiety causing all this and nothing catastrophic (and that is not to say that suffering anxiety isn't catastrophic because it is a real pain in the bum).

I've been having a lot of problems with my IBS lately as well, so I know where you're coming from on this. It has been playing up for most of three months, and of course this has sent my anxiety through the roof. My (extremely good) GP is convinced that it is a combination of IBS and anxiety, as he said my symptoms aren't consistent with any of the "horror" diseases as they're too variable.

However, convincing myself of this is another matter!!

thank you seeing my GP in 2 hours.
    if i say i have yellowish discharge will she want to do any tests?
    also a couple of days a week a sweat a lot in the evening and the following morning from this (another thing that convinces me of cancer)
    also going to bring up my sinus/ear issues with her

really nervous about going though this time. never been like this before.

Went to see GP... she doesnt suspect anything. They took a swab from down below to send to the hospital to see if i have an infection BUT i knew i would forgot to mention something and i forgot to mention that every week or so i get my throat closing up for about 5 of seconds and i can take any air in or out :( i also forgot to say sometimes my stools are weird :@. I had so many things to mention and i was nervous that it slipped my mind.

also after visiting gp i now have a feeling/ not to painful in my jaw on one side :( she thought my ear problems were from a virus but she never looked in them or anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information