Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caring for Terminally ill friend

Re: Caring for Terminally ill friend

Hi Paula, Such a hard time for you and your friend.I feel for you,and am so sorry. I wish I could help.You will cope I'm sure.It will be hard,but we all behind you here
    Lots of Love

To you Paula and your dear friend Connie - lots of big hugs.

Do what you can and what you need to do - don't worry how much or how little you can do. Look after yourself as well as your friend - the last thing she would want would be for you to be struggling with your own health over this sad situation.

Thinking of you both

Jan

I can only empathise with you as there are 2 people very close to me also suffering the same.

Hi Paula, I was in a similar situation some time ago.x. Cutting a long, difficult time short I was helping to care for my grandad - he had terminal cancer. I did the same kind of things you are doing for your friend. I was seven months pregnant at the time, but the one thing that kept me going even though it was SO terribly sad and difficult was knowing I was making a difference in the last few weeks of his life and that I was there for both my nan and grandad and I had no guilt because I knew I had done everything I possibly could to help them and make them smile when they thought they couldn't. I found it was the little things I did that made all the difference.x. Sadly and unexpectedly I lost them both together two weeks apart - grandad to cancer - nana to a broken heart.x. I named my lovely baby boy in their memory.x.

You hang on in there honey and remember even if some days you can only manage the little things, well they SO VERY MUCH COUNT TOO.X. You are doing a wonderful thing here and it will never be forgotten.x.

Please take care of you too and I will be thinking of you.x.

Paula - it is awful to watch isnt it. At least with my situation my inlaws are elderly- still tough to watch but a little easier IMO than watching someone younger.

You can only do your best sweetie - and your friend would only expect you to do what you are comfortable with.

I appreciate how hard it is just now but one day you will have fond memories and no regrets - you'll see hun.

And we are here for you so you have no worries therexxxxxx

Thinking of you Paula

Chris x

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

I was supposed to see Connie today. Its very stormy here with the wind and rain lashing everything, we live in a valley on top of a hill. I didnt make it. I guess I talked myself out of it. Whats wrong with me?? Its only rain!? Ok, its the week before my monthly, and as my mates know here, horrendous vertigo and palps, but the poor woman is dealing with blooming stage 4 cancer, and I still talked myself out of it. Feeling very ashamed and guilty. Its a 20 min walk uphill, not great for an agoraphobic, but is that an excuse?????

I cant bear the thought she may have been waiting for me today, and I just "couldnt be bothered". I let anxiety beat me today. And I really thought Id got IT beat.
    Shamful behaviour. And I sit here preaching to others how to deal with anxiety and panic!? Im having a bad day, but not as bad as Connie. Time is not on her side. OH GOD why didnt I at LEAST TRY....easy way out as usual Paula. Shameful

Oh Sweetie

You poor thing. I understand how you feel completely, I am uneasy being out in these horrid gales too - they are frightening.

Can you contact Connie by phone and tell her you are feeling under the weather? Please don't beat urself up - you are doing the best you can and that is all anyone can do. Connie would be upset to think you are feeling like this I'm sure.

You are being unfair on yourself to compare your situation to Connies hun. Your illness is real and has a major impact on your life - you can't under estimate that. But I can completely understand where you are coming from too.

I just want you to be kind to yourself and the rest will work itself out.

You are already being a true friend to Connie in really difficult times. And with our issues that is a real achievement.

thinking of you xxxxx

Thank you hunny, a wonderful warm and supportive post as always x
    I cant ring her, no credit and no money til Friday, I guess thats why I feel so bad, she hasnt even got my mobile number. (An anxiety and panic thing, hate phones, got rid of landline as everytime it rung I feared the worst..someone had died, my kids were maimed in a horrid accident etc...freaked me out. Only 10 people have my mobile) I guess I will have to try again when the weather abates. Still feel awful. Bad time for me I guess. Sorry. Bloody hormones.

Don't be sorry hun - i understand completely. Bloody hormones indeed!!!!!

xxxx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information