Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staying Positive

Staying Positive

I've been really struggling the last few months since i moved from my hometown, my agora started taking a real nose dive along with health anx.

I really find it so difficult to go places round here without panicking, so the loneliness of not going anywhere and being in the house all day was really beginning to have a bad effect on me, so much so i was contemplating packing up with my little girl and going back.

Shame on you di

So today, another lonely one i decided that its just not in me to give up so easily, if i can be okay back home then i can be okay here, so i got an idea and this is it.

I have worked in pub kitchens before and i have done millions of buffets, and no-one does food in the pubs here, so i'm going to resit my food and hygiene and offer to put food on in the pubs and advertise buffets in the local social club.

These places are only a short way and its something i can manage and i can resit my certificate online.

Get your butt outta that house di

Re: Staying Positive

No shame Di, we can all feel like going back to our 'comfort zone'!
    Massive congrats on looking forward and doing something about it!!!xxx

Sounds like a fantastic idea,and your giving something to the new community you live in.It will build your convidence back up and it will be like you have always lived there in no time !!!!!!Im up for tasting all food samples if needed lol xxxxxx

Hi Di,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling a bit of late

This sounds like a good plan though, especially if it’s something you know you can be good at. Something positive to focus on.

“if i can be okay back home then i can be okay here”

You know what... a very wise friend of mine used to tell people, “You are your own safe place.”
    I think you kinda said exactly the same thing there.

Best of luck
    Nigel

Thank you all xx

Di

I am so pleased to read this today and you sounding more positive.

Way to go mate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Well done Bootsie - that's the spirit. Get out there and show the world what you're made of. Wish you every success and please inform me about the buffet - could do with a free meal

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yay!!!! Go DI!!!

We need to see posts like this and ths ones on the Success stories section and take notice of them if poss..if we don't make the changes ourselves then nobody else will, no matter how bad we feel.
    I'm going through some of the old stuff again (if anyone says blip I'll have to get MM on the case..I hate that word!) but remain confident that it will pass when it's ready.

You were one of the people that gave me so much encouragement to get out there when I was scared shi..ahem, witless, so here's a gentle boot up the bum for Bootsie.

JFDI!

Thanks nic mel and ange,

ange you are so right, the only people who can help us is ourselves and with the help of cbt i will get myself sorted again, along with some positive thoughts and postive lovely nmp friends support.

I am so going to kick this agora's butt, it is not taking over my life because i'm not letting it, i hit a bad place because i moved away, and i promise i'll try not to say blip i just lost my confidence.

But i think i found it again, it must have been still packed away in a box when i moved

Go Di Go Di!!! Keep kicking butt love. All the best with food and hygiene, youll walk it. That village needs a girl like you by the sounds of it. They are lucky to have you. Go out and go for it.....x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information