Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60mg Citalopram...

60mg Citalopram...

Hi
    I have been on Citalopram for almost 2 years.I went to see a different gp today - he was so nice - and he has increased my Citalopram from 40mg to 60mg.
    I cant believe that I had to nearly had to pay for the 2 boxes of 20mg and the 40mgs - a total of £14.40! Anyway in the end I only had to pay for the combined dose. Maybe they don't make 60mg tablets?
    Is anyone taking 60mg and if so did you do it gradually from 40 to 60mg or in one go, plus also was there much difference in how you felt between 40 and 60 mg?

Re: 60mg Citalopram...

Poppy why not get one of those annual pre-payment certificates. Saves me a small fortune lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nic
    How are you?
    That is a good idea, that you suggested. I have seen the leaflets but never completed one. I will think about doing it because otherwise it gets expensive doesn't it?
    Chemist has give me 28 tablets x 2 40mg and then 1 28 tablets x 20mg
    so that means I am short of 1 20mg box, if I am to take 60mg a day or does it???

Your maths sounds perfect to me Poppy (if it's supposed to be an 8wk supply)! Isn't it maddening when that happens on top of everything else! xx

I am not bad thanks.

It is quite an expense up front but saves me long-term as I have so many medications each month.

I can find the website for you if you would like

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Poppy, I can't advise on dose as I only took Cotalopram for 4 days, it sent me "doollally", so my GP switched me to Propranolol. However, I do hope the dosage helps you to feel brighter and I wish you all the best.

x

Hi
    Thanks Gaaron, Nic and Hazel for replies.
    Nic, it would be great if you could send the link to the website. Thank you. I am sorry that you have to have so many medications each month. I am whinging about taking one, and you take lots!
    Hazel, It seems like quite a few people are not suited to Citalopram.Maybe I am so 'doollally' I just don't realise 40mg just does not seem to be doing much for me. I was shaking like mad in the surgery, waiting to be seen. I really thought I was going to have a panic attack. The gp was so nice. He listened to what I had to say, and seemed genuinely interested and understanding. I think I have what I have for life, but will have to wait and see...I can deal with it all as long as it is not too overwhelming. I would just love 1 day without anxiety or morbid thoughts. It has been nearly 3 years now. Where does increasing the medication end though???
    Gaaron - Do you think I should be owed a pack of 20mg??? May have to ring the chemist tomorrow.
    Love to you all and big hugs for replying

Hi Poppy, yes they owe you the pk of 20mg without extra payment. x

Here you go Poppy

https://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/ppcdd/patient.do

You can do it all online if you want to.

I don't mind taking so many if it keeps my health stable so I can't complain

Good luck with your increase Poppy ..I hope it gets you through this low patch .This time of year is often hard for many of us .You have had a few upsets during the last few monhs and this will have contributed to feeling like you do .I dont think you will be like this forever so please try to believe that .You may find an extra 20mg too much to take in one go .Perhaps just take 10mg for a month and see how you feel . Its suprising how 10mg can make a difference .It may be all you need .You dont want to be like a zombie and have a lot of side effects .Just a thought hun ..Take care sue xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information