Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60mg Citalopram...

Re: 60mg Citalopram...

Re the Prepayment Certificate

You can now pay on a monthly Direct Debit. It's just over £10 per month so spreads the cost nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyC View Post
    Hi
    Thanks Gaaron, Nic and Hazel for replies.
    Nic, it would be great if you could send the link to the website. Thank you. I am sorry that you have to have so many medications each month. I am whinging about taking one, and you take lots!
    Hazel, It seems like quite a few people are not suited to Citalopram.Maybe I am so 'doollally' I just don't realise 40mg just does not seem to be doing much for me. I was shaking like mad in the surgery, waiting to be seen. I really thought I was going to have a panic attack. The gp was so nice. He listened to what I had to say, and seemed genuinely interested and understanding. I think I have what I have for life, but will have to wait and see...I can deal with it all as long as it is not too overwhelming. I would just love 1 day without anxiety or morbid thoughts. It has been nearly 3 years now. Where does increasing the medication end though???
    Gaaron - Do you think I should be owed a pack of 20mg??? May have to ring the chemist tomorrow.
    Love to you all and big hugs for replying
    All depends on how many in the box and how many days supply they gave out!!

Thank you everyone for replies.
    It turned out that my gp only prescribed 2 x 40mg and 1 strip of 20mg. Not sure how that equates to 2 lots totalling 60mg each
    I started on 50mg today and I am beginning to feel 'strange'. I am a bit worried, but then again I was worried 2 years ago when I started taking Citalopram. I don't like taking a lot of medication really, but if 40mg Citalopram does not stop my anxiety and sometimes depression, then how bad would it be if I didnt take it.
    I am going to gradually go up to 60mg, like you suggested Suzy.
    Will let you know how I get on. I am a bit scared!
    Last edited by PoppyC; 24-01-11 at 21:52.

How are you feeling today Poppy ? sue x

Hi everyone
    Thanks for the link Nic!
    Hi Sue - How are you? Thank you for asking about me
    I am now on 50mg - not 60mg (will up to that when I have got used to 60mg) and I don't know whether it is the increase or not, but I feel terrible emotionally. I have been on these tablets for nearly 2 years and just when I start crowing about how amazing they are, then it seems they stop working!
    I am so unhappy. Maybe it is because I have upped the medication and it will take a while to work properly.
    I just want to sleep and forget everything.
    Anyway, how are you? Do you still take Citalopram, Sue?
    Last edited by PoppyC; 27-01-11 at 22:55.

Sorry you are feeling horrible Poppy .They can make you feel awful when you increase for a couple of weeks .Hopefully after a while they will help you .I know how tired they make you feel .I couldnt handle 40mg for long ..35mg was the dose I settled on and it really helped me .Ive cut down over the past few months to 20 mg .Im getting used to each dose before I cut down again .Not been bad at all .Thanks for asking . You have had a lot of things to deal with and that will have made you feel low .This time of year sometimes doesnt help ..I get pretty down in the winter too .Its easy to slip into a bad way of thinking ,and motivation is certainly lacking ,when we are not at our best .I hope you start to feel better soon .Take care of yourself and try to keep positive ..luv Sue x

Thanks Suzy for the lovely reply. How are you?
    I am still waiting for th 50mg to kick in I am so up and down with my moods. I have had enough of anxiety today so thought s*d it, and just keep continually busy, which has helped, and now I am going to have a drink of brandy, which is disgusting, but I have run out of red wine
    My latest thought is...What if the 60mg works to begin with like all the other doses and then stops working after a time like all the other doses??? then what??? My gp said only the mental health team pyschiatrist? can prescribe higher. Maybe I will end up having no anxiety but end up feeling like a zombie!!! I do everything properly...healthy diet, exercise, no smoking, positive thoughts, relaxation and I still end up really anxious!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope you are ok?
    Last edited by PoppyC; 29-01-11 at 20:00.

Yayyy I am feeling better than what I was the citalopram must be starting to work....I hope it lasts for a while...knowing me though, I will be feeling massively depressed tomorrow! (I know - I am so negative! ) but for today I feel

Thats Excellent news Poppy ..Im sure you wont need to go higher than the 60 .Hopefully the 50mg will be enough .Not many perscribe higher than that .They tend to add something alongside it, like a mood stabiliser .I hope you continue to improve .the odd day of feeling not so good is normal tho so dont get discouraged .Shows its starting to take effect by todays result anyway ...Take care and have a good evening .luv Sue x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information