Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atos ESA Medical Assessment - A Positive One?

Re: Atos ESA Medical Assessment - A Positive One?

thankyou

might start a new thread.
    had the medical.

the guy said he didnt even read all my form/questionnaire that id filled in!
    he said i had written too much and hed be there till next week reading. basically he couldnt be bothered to read it.
    i said will anyone read it? he said maybe. (?!?!)

the interview/medical was alot of new questions that were not in the form.
    im wondering if the decision will be made by the face to face medical or in conjunction with the form i filled in.
    or does one carry more weight?

there was a little physical test at end, very very very simple and basic. Wasnt aware they did this.

so much of what i wrote in form was not even spoken of.
    looking back, this face to face was a bunch of easy questions to catch you out.

not sure what to make of it, if it went well or not.

i was asked to describe all health problems, i said its in the form. theres so many, my mind was blank. i didnt know where to start.
    they couldnt be bothred to read the form! not happy with that.

so he said i cant even see the report (incorrect isnt he?)

whats my next step? wait? or request the report he has written or something like that?

thankyou

Hi Anybody,

Last year I went through the appeals process after getting 12 points - needed 15 I think - and when they wrote to tell me they had failed me they sent me a list of the required points and how many points I received for each part... Won my appeal but it took almost a year.
    This time around I still haven't heard back - my medical was in Feb and it's June soon...?!?! That said, I am still receiving the same amount of esa so far and have been told sod all... Hmmm.

Keep us posted, really hope you get good news and if you don't hear anything back don't worry - starting to think they just don't bother to get back to you if you don't fail. The system is disgusting.

Good luck

Jackie x

Quote Originally Posted by just-jax View Post
    Hi Anybody,

Last year I went through the appeals process after getting 12 points - needed 15 I think - and when they wrote to tell me they had failed me they sent me a list of the required points and how many points I received for each part... Won my appeal but it took almost a year.
    This time around I still haven't heard back - my medical was in Feb and it's June soon...?!?! That said, I am still receiving the same amount of esa so far and have been told sod all... Hmmm.

Keep us posted, really hope you get good news and if you don't hear anything back don't worry - starting to think they just don't bother to get back to you if you don't fail. The system is disgusting.

Good luck

Jackie x
    thanks

so you just wait after the medical?
    you dont have to take any steps or make calls to do something in the meantime? i think i read somewhere that you can request a copy of the medical/report or whatever they call it, after the medical. But the interviewer said nothing of the sort.

what was entailed in your appeal? did you just have to write a letter?
    or go somewhere and fight your case in person?

cool....wow

good reading.

Just fyi, I was due to have mine Feb last year and didn't turn up "due to the exact reasons I needed the medical in the first place" (my words) they rejected my request to retake it, I appealed, waited a year till December (wtf do you call that, I was in "The Systems queue?) to have my appeal (in a matrixy style faceless office), won (how chuffed was I....the judge said I put forward a good argument and wrote in his thing i had a panic attack during the meeting thing, altho I just felt normally apprehensive,, which is good actually it's the only place i've got written down officially about having a PA), the tribunals didn't contact the DWP people, quite a few phone calls and sending photocopies of appeal results 5 months after the appeal, and I got paid. So a year later success.

The woman on the phone said my medical would be "sometime before 2014". which i coughed at. she asked if i was ok. but i get now, 2014 is next election time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information