Thread: Feelings in head and Discontinuation of SSRI

Feelings in head and Discontinuation of SSRI

I stopped taking Prozac (Fluoxetine) on the 21/11/2010 - nearly 9 weeks ago. Since then I've experienced mild electrical-like sensations in my head. To start with they were quite frequent and if I moved my head, or even my eyes, from side to side I would experience them. They're not as bad now but I still get them every day.

I've read about 'brain zaps' and assume this is what I'm experiencing? But I'm questioning now if it really is brain zaps from discontinuation syndrome as it's been 9 weeks now? Can they last this long? And if so how likely are they to last?
    Last edited by mizfiesta; 22-01-11 at 13:50. Reason: posted accidentally without finishing paragraph :(

Re: Feelings in head and Discontinuation of SSRI

I had that from coming off paxil...it is the brain zaps for sure and happened to me every time i turn my head quickly. felt like i had no real depth perception either... stairs were a bugger fo awhile. i cannot say exactly how long this lasted... but i do remember thinking " what the hec am i still getting these for after so long!" i remember googling that question. seems to me it was weeks. Unfortunately, i had to go back on paxil to control anxiety again... but even worse... it never worked like it did the 1st time. Have terrible anxiety. So now in the friggin process of weaning off the paxil again! Cannot see the point of taking such a powerfull drug that is not helping symptoms anyway. good for you for getting off the stuff... it is not easy! are you drug free now?

Thread Information