Thread: Plucked up the courage

Plucked up the courage

Hi

Plucked up the courage today to take the fluoxitine prescribed by my Doc on Thursday.

Had a good talking to by my mother who ordered me to try them because I am gettin worse and will soon be totally agraphobic!

Wish me luck I am so scared at the moment imagining all sorts of horrible things are going to happen to me just by taking that tiny little pill!

Stupid I know but can't help it.

xxxx

Re: Plucked up the courage

Lizzy

Don't be scared, you are doing the right thing. Have a good look on this site for others who have experienced these meds. Don't be put off by others bad experiences coz every drug effects everyone differenlty.

You may need to be patient to feel the results but stick with it.

Use your GP for support - that is what they are there for, share any side effects and keep ur GP well informed that way they can give you the best possible help.

And keep sharing your progress with us - we will support you all the way.

Go for it hun - you deserve a full and happy lifexx

It took me 2 years for me to start meds 5 weeks ago some inprovement now

I had my first panic attack in the cinema watching Robin Hood Prince of Thieves when I was 15.

I am now 40 and have suffered to varying degrees on and off for the last 25 years. I have managed to hide it from everyone around my had a family and held down a stressful job.

I had flu in Dec which has brought out all my anxiety physically and mentally ten fold. Got to the point cannot hide anymore and now everyone knows. Only problem is I'm soo scared find driving impossible and going out really tough and signed off work.

Doc told me abput time we tried meds as don't know how I can overome this. Seeing psycotherapist on Tues.

Still feel soo scared though. Since taking the pill anxiety gone through the roof!!! So stupid I know that as I know all in my head. husband just tells me to 'man up' and not be so silly but he doesn't really understand.

So nice to know there are people here who so understand when you say 'I really can't help it'.

Thanks to everyone!! xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyg View Post
    I had my first panic attack in the cinema watching Robin Hood Prince of Thieves when I was 15.
    It's Okay. We can blame Kevin Costner for all issues

On a more serious note, congrats on plucking up the courage to move forward with the meds.

Baby steps at first, but keep at it and I 100% agree with Ditzygirl, keep in touch with your GP.

I was sh***ing myself taking Fluoxetine for the first time (was very young) but thanks to that pill i'm still here today, and very much able to function fully.

Recently I had a blip (after a case of man-flu) where my anxiety came creeping back and I think because I wasn't well at the time I wasn't able to deal with it fully, so i'm on an increased dose (two weeks in) and getting better every day.

It's a long road, but it's worth following - I must stress though that fluoxetine is more beneficial for some than others, so again, keep in touch with your GP!!!

Good luck (you will be fine )

Andy

Second day of Flouxetine. Everything is buzzing cannot relax more anxious than ever.

My body I feel is rebelling!

Hope this passes must go and find something to do as I am quite scared at the moment :(

Sweetie,

Increasing your anxiety is a horrid side effect but be patient, it will get better.

And your right - you can't help anxiety and your not alone.

Be strong your life can get betterxxx

hi, you will be fine i have been on fluoxitine for over 6 months now and although i have occasional bad days i am doing so much better. I made a diary of when i started on here, i dont know if youve seen it. Sarah x

Thread Information