Thread: period with large clot

period with large clot

so my last period was on the 31st dec....21st jan started light brown spotting, i thought maybe an early period??? but then yesterday i felt somthing so i went to the toilet and i had passed a large clot about golf ball size and it was bright red .... today i am just back to light brown discharge.....last smear was this time last year and all was normal...........i am worried i have cervical cancer and this has caused the big clot!!! i havent had anything like this before please help!! and i am not pregnant and there is no chance i mite have been !!!! i have had swobs taken to check for infection but the docs reckon its just a heavy short period..............soo scared i just keep thinking jade goody i am only 26b and have 2 small boys :-(

Re: period with large clot

Hi Bexy

I used to get them all the time, it's nothing to worry about. Mines was linked to polystaistic ovaries, this caused very heavy periods with large clots. Now i have the mirena coil so don't have that problem anymore. Take care x

Its nothing to worry about .If it continues you may need D&C .Or think abt having the Mirena COIL .I had one fitted and it stopped the problem too .. Sue x

Thankyou for your replies, do you think I need another smear?? My last one was this time last year

No this is not necessary ..im sure it isnt to do with anything serious .Sometimes it just happens .Unless its happening ,all through every period .I really wouldnt do anything . t/c sue x

Hi

I have had this too, as has my sister - she actually phoned me from work in the loo!
    Don't know what it was but have had it a few times. Not for a few years now though.

Hope you are feeling better.

Laura.xxxxxx

Thread Information