Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy's advice needed...Well, unless ladies have something to chip in!

Re: Guy's advice needed...Well, unless ladies have something to chip in!

lol! Suebee; If anyone wants to get with an anxious, overweight, alcoholic depressive (albeit a very handsome, eloquent, well educated one) they are welcome to join the depressingly small queue!

Oh...And I am willing to travel; I am that desperate!

Perhaps we should have a dating section on this website, lol?!!

Seriously though, I do sometimes wonder how I'll ever meet someone. I can't travel far due to my agoraphobia and I don't meet many single men when I'm out walking my dog. Even if I do meet someone I'm very nervous about getting involved with anybody because I feel very guilty about how my agoraphobia would impact on them.

I am sure there are many benefits to an agoraphobic woman...Not least the fact that she is always at home to spend time in the most important rooms in the house for a woman, i.e. the kitchen and the bedroom (nothing like some ironic, post-feminist sexism! )

You'd be surprised who you may bump into walking the dog. Meeting people is not something that should be forced. The best relationships aren't through hard work or effort, they just happen.

As for worrying about how your agoraphobia will affect a man. Read my above humourous, albeit sexist comment and tell me most men will be worried about you spending all your time in the house! Besides which; the right guy will always make you feel like a princess out of it as well, so you'll soon lose your fear.

Well sadly all my efforts in the kitchen and other rooms in the house (*cough*) have been unappreciated so I think I'll just concentrate on myself until Mr Right comes along. In fact I might have to buy myself a bunch of flowers.

Best to concentrate on yourself whether Mr. Right comes along or not!

Still, I am sure you are domestic Goddess enough to match Nigella Lawson herself; so don't give up on the kitchen and (*cough*) other room stuff just yet!

As for buying yourself flowers, if that will make you happy then do it! But I would say sod your agoraphobia for a few days and buy yourself a spa weekend instead! You'll still feel warm and cosy inside, but you'll have the added benefit of having other people take care of you for a while and not have to worry about disposing of their stinking remains when they die...

...that was supposed to be funny, but turned out kind of macabre...someone call Tim Burton and tell him I have a great idea for a miserable movie!

I'm not sure I get what you mean about the stinking remains... but moving on...

I have been a nervous wreck since Friday because I found out I had a Dentist appointment. Let me tell you that visiting the Dentist is my WORST fear so having braved it and had my teeth polished to perfection I'm on cloud nine right now. I have decided to buy myself some DVD's and some other treats that I've not yet decided on, and I'm going to curl up on the sofa and RELAX. I will still be walking the dog every day and that's a challenge in itself!

As it happens I am quite a good cook, and I love spoiling my man with hearty home cooked food... just got to find him now. In the meantime I will spoil my pooch with my culinary delights (he had roast chicken with petit pois and carrots in PROPER gravy with biscuits tonight). It's alright for some isn't it?!!

Stinking remains was relating to flowers...It's a long story but ultimately I disagree with them as a romantic gesture as all you are doing is taking something beautiful, cutting off it's circulatory system and keeping it artificially alive using water...If I wanted to show a woman I truly loved her I would plant her a garden of flowers and keep the damn things alive rather than give her a bunch of what are essentially withering former photosynthetic organisms...One of my many neuroses!

Glad to hear you are spoiling yourself for doing well! It is one thing I, and many others often forget to do, and yet it can make a person feel so much better!

As for the dog...Lucky bloody thing! I ate a bowl of Jordan's country crisp and yoghurt because I couldn't be bothered to cook myself anything tonight...Now I'm hungry...In fact, thanks to jealousy as to what your little canine ate, even more so! mmmm...Roast Chicken...

Funny you should say that, I just talked myself into nipping into the kitchen and eating a drumstick.

As for the flowers, I agree that a living plant is better than a bunch of dead flowers BUT having said that it is a nice treat once in a while. I know this will amuse others but I always used to tell my ex he was only allowed to buy me flowers if they looked OK but were in the reduced section ie less than £1, lol. Then I felt as if I was rescuing them, and I would appreciate them brightening up my kitchen windowsill for a few days. Indoor living plants are OK but I always manage to kill them or they end up covered in bugs.

Don't feel too bad. There are full time hitmen, 50 years in the business with less blood on their hands than I have chlorophyll on mine! Killing houseplants is practically my profession!

And you are correct, your story about flower rescue will probably amuse many people. Myself included. But it is also admirable. Those beautiful, colourful little beings need a good home when they look a little droopy on a supermarket garage forecourt.

Killing houseplants is practically your profession? The mind boggles! And there was me thinking you were a gynaecologist!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information