Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips re Night Time Sweating

Tips re Night Time Sweating

I need some tips.

Been on Cit for 3 months now, am on a dose which generally suits, 25mg, helps with my depression and anxiety but every night I wake up at least twice covered in cold sweat front and back. I have to have a towel next to my bed and I have to go back to sleep on a damp bottom sheet every night. Obviously I understand its something that I am probably going to have to put up with whilst I am on Cit, but does anyone have any ideas or tips? I am taking Evening Primrose Oil, I don't sleep wearing anything, I have tried the room temp warm, cold and inbetween, nothing seems to help. I take my meds first thing as the GP told me to so it didn't interrupt with my sleeping, but it obviously is doing. It has been suggested to me on here to maybe take the meds at different times and see if that works. These sweats mean that my day always starts feeling 'bleh' every day and my anxiety occasionally creeps back in. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Re: Tips re Night Time Sweating

I never wear anything to bed usually, but I started getting night sweats and found it better if I wore pyjamas, as they then soak it up and you can take them off. I only had it for a few days though, but I'm still wearing pj's just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker02uk View Post
    I never wear anything to bed usually, but I started getting night sweats and found it better if I wore pyjamas, as they then soak it up and you can take them off. I only had it for a few days though, but I'm still wearing pj's just in case!

Thanks for replying, trouble is, it happens 2 or 3 times a night.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Maybe a bit obvious, but have you tried making the room cooler - like leaving the window open a bit or something...?

Quote Originally Posted by SanitySeeker View Post
    Maybe a bit obvious, but have you tried making the room cooler - like leaving the window open a bit or something...?
    I haven't tried that yet, as I am a wuss with the cold. I have slept with no heating on, even when it was really cold, but that didn't help, I still sweated a lot. I could try opening the window next.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

I always have a freezing cold bedroom and window open all year round, I don't think it's anything to do with how warm it is outside, I think just your internal boiler just goes off on one when you are asleep. I would wake up covered from head to foot, throw back the covers and not feel particularly hot, wait for a bit, wriggle onto the other side and try and get back to sleep!

Well window open was no difference. I think you're right, makes no difference the temp of the room, its my 'internal boiler'. I put a towel on top of the bottom sheet to sleep on and my back felt less sweaty as I think the towel absorbed the sweat more than the bottom sheet did, so will do that again tonight.
    Last edited by heavenly; 25-01-11 at 11:52.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Is it definitely a 'cold' sweat, the kind you get whenyou panic, or do you wake up feeling hot?

I haven't had this as a side effect but used to wake up sweaty and panicked a few years ago. I found sleeping on a towel if I woke clammy helped - cats like it too!

Might be worth having a word with the GP to rule out anything else.

Hi
    I agree with the above post from Mr Badger.
    Maybe you could see your gp to rule out anything else that could be causing the night sweats.
    I have been on Citalopram for nearly 2 years and taking 50mg at moment. I 'perspire' (lo)l more so during the day I have noticed, but only a little bit.
    Hope you soon get a better nights sleep!

Poppy:

Ladies GLOW
    Men PERSPIRE
    Horses SWEAT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information