Last night I went to the gym straight from work as I always do on a Wednesday night.

It's always busy in the changing rooms, as Wednesday night is kids swimming lessons.

I put my work bag in a locker, and took my kit bag into the changing room. I got into my sweats, removed my glasses and went out into the changing room to put my contact lenses in.

I put my towel, hair bobble and lens case on the shelf under the mirror, turned my back and washed my hands.

When I turned round, some little ba***rd child had lifted them from the shelf!!!!!!!!!!

There were two mums almost next to it, and I asked them if they had seen anybody move them. They said no, but it was so busy with kids, it was hard to tell.

I looked up (although I could barely see - I'm blind without my glasses) and I thought I saw a girl with something small and white clenched in her fist. She looked up and saw me looking and ran off into the pool side.

I was going to follow her, then I remembered that now when you walk through the verucca bath to get to the pool, showers automatically hose you down.

I just had visions of a deranged wet woman in a tracksuit frantically peering down the pool trying to recognise a small dark haired child in a black swimming costume (which seemed to be 50% of the people in there!)

I reported it to reception, and the life guard had a look round the pool, but nobody handed them in, or found them.

One stupid woman said I shouldn't have left anything lying around! I'm afraid I let myself down - she got it and some more. [:0]

Leaving your purse or keys lying around is just down right stupid, but you should be able to put your lenses down and wash your hands and expect them to be there after. Also, as I not quite so politely pointed out, how the hell was I supposed to wash my hands whilst holding my contact lens case!!!!!!

To say I was cross is an understatement, and I tried very hard to work it off. Today I ache like mad, cos I did everything one level up from normal, I was that angry!!!![}][}][}]

When I finished in the gym I asked if anybody had handed them in. The receptionist said no, so I said that I was going to hang around the changing room, and check every cubicle, so if somebody reported a red out of breath sweaty woman loitering, then she wasn't to do anything about it - it was only me.

Two girls came into the changing room, and I was 95% convinced that one of them was the girl who had stolen them, but I wasn't sure.

Being quite an evil person, very very very angry, and also not a lover of children I'm afraid I was very tempted to take her clothes whilst she was in the shower, and throw them away in the bin outside. Then she would know what it was like to be without something important. And would also hopefully freeze to death on the way home.

In a way I was quite glad I didn't see her clearly, as I was so cross at the time, I would have pinned her up against the wall by her throat and snatched them back out of her hand. Then of course, it would be me that was in trouble for assault.

I now need to spend £80 buying some more, as they are not insured (I've checked). I wouldn't mind, but this last two months, I've worked really hard to sort out my finances, and have got loads of money saved for future expenses (car tax, mot, insurance, service, all due in the next month!). Now I'll have to use my visa card, as I can't afford all these expenses and new lenses too!!!!!

Even more infuriating is that my contact lenses are neither use nor ornament to anybody!

I know this has been a rant, but I'm still really wound up about it, and thought that if I posted a message I might feel better.

Bring back the village bobby. When I was young we were bought up to respect people and property. It wasn't unknown for the village bobby to (lightly) duff up some of the trouble makers - and they never complained to their parents, cos that would have resulted in another duff up from their dad!!!! Instead, they learnt not to step over the line. There is no punishment nowadays and kids just