Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

i can see a whole range of books here!

THE PANICKERS GUIDE.

TO PUBS...TO LOOS...TO LOVE...TO FARTING...TO KIDS...TO SHOPPING...TO COOKING...TO DENTISTS...TO SCAFFOLDING...HORSES FOR COURSES...PEEING IN THE DARK.....THE LIST GOES ON CHARLIE,AND YOUR A LITERARY GENIUS...SO COME ON GIRL,IME WAITING FOR THE FIRST FOUR CHAPTERS IN MY INBOX.

KEEP IT UP MATEY,YOUR SOOO GOOD FOR THIS SITE.

BRYAN XXX.

sorry nic,just realised it was in bold print

speak to you soon....bryan.

Re: I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird1 View Post
    hi charlie,
    I really felt for you when I read about your ordeal,
    I live in an area in which the teenagers dictate how the adults are able to live, the buses dont run late because they keep hijacking them, old people dont go out after dark, all the walls and fences are sytematically kicked down and we are spat at if we go to the local shops, one of my neighbours (a tough looking guy in his early 40's) recently went out to ask them to keep the noise down one night he was very polite and said that he had been a bit of a lad too)
    when he got up the next day his phone wires had been cut and his winscreen and a load of others were smashed in!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last year I was called as a witness to a crime outside my house but my doctor wrote out a note to say I would be unable to get there (thank goodness) I was terrified about any retaliation. (they only got community service anyway which they didnt complete)
    last night I saw some kids bashing their bodies against my front fence and I saw red (bearing in mind that i have p/as in any form of confrontation) I grabbed some rubbish and put it out and stood there glaring at them, unfortunately when I went in they just carried on and this morning the fence was all broken but what can i do ?????????
    sorry for waffling but this is a pet hate of mine lol.:(:(
    and as for punishment i think these kids should be locked in a room with their parents for a year , because from my experience most of the parents round here can't stand having there kids around them !!!!!!!!!!!
    i would like to say tho that the parents of all the teenagers on this site must be very proud of them because they are all very kind and respectful bless em lol

Lyn
    I know this thread was started years ago (2004) but just out of interest I wonder if that particular area is still as bad as that now, or if it has improved significantly since then?

Apart from a lot of the knife crime stuff during the past couple of years, we don't seem to hear about major incidents concerning ASB and so-called 'chav' culture so much these days.

Perhaps that could (ironically) be one of the blessings of social media.

Out of interest, is anyone on here still having the same problems in their area now in 2021 that Bluebird1 had with feral teenagers in his/her area back in 2004?

It seems that now many people forget how bad such things like vandalism, intimidation and ASB in general really were back then, and look back fondly at that era with rose-tinted specs as being far less troubled times.

This is a good case. To me the accuser (based on her initial post) never really had proof that the theft was perpetrated by said child. Yet she was willing to take the childs clothes and chuck them. Makes me wonder who the real child is.

I'm with you, Noivous. I get that it must have been annoying, but the sheer hatred in the original post scares me far more than kids, misbehaving or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm with you, Noivous. I get that it must have been annoying, but the sheer hatred in the original post scares me far more than kids, misbehaving or otherwise.
    Yeah! I was like who hates children that much?!

I think they're great! Funny, honest, trusting, loving, cute...and little!🤗

Technically I'm not fond of kids, but the ones I know and the students I work with are pretty awesome.

The kids on our street are what some might call feral... last night my husband called me over to see what they were doing, and it turned out that they'd lined up a bunch of wheelie bins and were using them as a badminton net. It was kind of brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Technically I'm not fond of kids, but the ones I know and the students I work with are pretty awesome.

The kids on our street are what some might call feral... last night my husband called me over to see what they were doing, and it turned out that they'd lined up a bunch of wheelie bins and were using them as a badminton net. It was kind of brilliant.
    Well that's a silver lining, BI.

Like I have already said upthread (apart from the knife crime stuff), there doesn't appear to be the same degree of hysteria and moral panics concerning out of control youngsters now like there was when this thread was first started back in 2004.

We barely seem to hear of 'Broken Britain' either these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie28 View Post
    Hiya,

maybe her mother will find them and return them to the swimming pool?
    Okay maybe not but there must be some parents out there that would march her back there and hand them in?

Oh well we can hope!!

Love
    ucky
    My partner is this person. She's found phones, wallets, money, handbags ... you name it she seems to come across it. She always hands it in.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information