Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

Last night I went to the gym straight from work as I always do on a Wednesday night.

It's always busy in the changing rooms, as Wednesday night is kids swimming lessons.

I put my work bag in a locker, and took my kit bag into the changing room. I got into my sweats, removed my glasses and went out into the changing room to put my contact lenses in.

I put my towel, hair bobble and lens case on the shelf under the mirror, turned my back and washed my hands.

When I turned round, some little ba***rd child had lifted them from the shelf!!!!!!!!!!

There were two mums almost next to it, and I asked them if they had seen anybody move them. They said no, but it was so busy with kids, it was hard to tell.

I looked up (although I could barely see - I'm blind without my glasses) and I thought I saw a girl with something small and white clenched in her fist. She looked up and saw me looking and ran off into the pool side.

I was going to follow her, then I remembered that now when you walk through the verucca bath to get to the pool, showers automatically hose you down.

I just had visions of a deranged wet woman in a tracksuit frantically peering down the pool trying to recognise a small dark haired child in a black swimming costume (which seemed to be 50% of the people in there!)

I reported it to reception, and the life guard had a look round the pool, but nobody handed them in, or found them.

One stupid woman said I shouldn't have left anything lying around! I'm afraid I let myself down - she got it and some more. [:0]

Leaving your purse or keys lying around is just down right stupid, but you should be able to put your lenses down and wash your hands and expect them to be there after. Also, as I not quite so politely pointed out, how the hell was I supposed to wash my hands whilst holding my contact lens case!!!!!!

To say I was cross is an understatement, and I tried very hard to work it off. Today I ache like mad, cos I did everything one level up from normal, I was that angry!!!![}][}][}]

When I finished in the gym I asked if anybody had handed them in. The receptionist said no, so I said that I was going to hang around the changing room, and check every cubicle, so if somebody reported a red out of breath sweaty woman loitering, then she wasn't to do anything about it - it was only me.

Two girls came into the changing room, and I was 95% convinced that one of them was the girl who had stolen them, but I wasn't sure.

Being quite an evil person, very very very angry, and also not a lover of children I'm afraid I was very tempted to take her clothes whilst she was in the shower, and throw them away in the bin outside. Then she would know what it was like to be without something important. And would also hopefully freeze to death on the way home.

In a way I was quite glad I didn't see her clearly, as I was so cross at the time, I would have pinned her up against the wall by her throat and snatched them back out of her hand. Then of course, it would be me that was in trouble for assault.

I now need to spend £80 buying some more, as they are not insured (I've checked). I wouldn't mind, but this last two months, I've worked really hard to sort out my finances, and have got loads of money saved for future expenses (car tax, mot, insurance, service, all due in the next month!). Now I'll have to use my visa card, as I can't afford all these expenses and new lenses too!!!!!

Even more infuriating is that my contact lenses are neither use nor ornament to anybody!

I know this has been a rant, but I'm still really wound up about it, and thought that if I posted a message I might feel better.

Bring back the village bobby. When I was young we were bought up to respect people and property. It wasn't unknown for the village bobby to (lightly) duff up some of the trouble makers - and they never complained to their parents, cos that would have resulted in another duff up from their dad!!!! Instead, they learnt not to step over the line. There is no punishment nowadays and kids just

Hiya,

maybe her mother will find them and return them to the swimming pool?
    Okay maybe not but there must be some parents out there that would march her back there and hand them in?

Oh well we can hope!!

Love
    ucky

Hi Lucky

If it was the kid I think it was, her parent wasn't with her.

To add insult to injury, I decided to go to the loo, and (minus my contact lenses) went into the first cubicle.

It didn't improve my mood to discover that not only was there excrement on the cubicle wall, but I had put my elbow in it.

Trying to look for the positive side to everything, I was just grateful if was pre-training and I had my long sleeve zip up fleece (v thick) on, and not my sleeveless training top (post training session)

This is the first (and hopefully) last time I regretted joining a. the gym and b. at the council run leisure centre!

What do these kids do at home??????

Actually think she must have dropped them in the pool - surely she isnt going to swim for a whole hour with the case in her hand - and cossies don't have pockets to put things in!

Not sure if they would be wearable after having spent hours in the municipal pool. And after the toilet cubicle experience, not sure I'd want them back after they'd been bobbing around with all those disgusting children.

Love x

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Kids dont u just hate them... Eye balling lil scrotes.. they expect you to get out of the way for them and then do things like happened to u Charlie...

Kids like that make you thankfull for condoms haha

Hope u get it sorted out matey! and your pool sounds as skanky as ours.. lol

m

im a kid, does that mean u hate me?????? :(

Rachitt - if you steal contact lenses and wipe pooh on toilet walls then yes!!!!! But I'm sure you don't, I love my friends kids, and they all call me auntie. However, they DO know how to behave.

Matt - kids like these actually make me want to join a nunnery! Actually, thats not right, cos if I had kids (and I'm not going to) then they wouldn't DARE do anything like that. It's other parents I blame. I mean, who sends kids swimming with no supervision anyway. Not my idea of concerned parents! Maybe we should force the parents of these horrible brats to join a nunnery so they cant spawn any more (I'm still a bit cross as you may have gathered)!!!!!

LOL

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

hi charlie,
    I really felt for you when I read about your ordeal,
    I live in an area in which the teenagers dictate how the adults are able to live, the buses dont run late because they keep hijacking them, old people dont go out after dark, all the walls and fences are sytematically kicked down and we are spat at if we go to the local shops, one of my neighbours (a tough looking guy in his early 40's) recently went out to ask them to keep the noise down one night he was very polite and said that he had been a bit of a lad too)
    when he got up the next day his phone wires had been cut and his winscreen and a load of others were smashed in!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last year I was called as a witness to a crime outside my house but my doctor wrote out a note to say I would be unable to get there (thank goodness) I was terrified about any retaliation. (they only got community service anyway which they didnt complete)
    last night I saw some kids bashing their bodies against my front fence and I saw red (bearing in mind that i have p/as in any form of confrontation) I grabbed some rubbish and put it out and stood there glaring at them, unfortunately when I went in they just carried on and this morning the fence was all broken but what can i do ?????????
    sorry for waffling but this is a pet hate of mine lol.:(:(
    and as for punishment i think these kids should be locked in a room with their parents for a year , because from my experience most of the parents round here can't stand having there kids around them !!!!!!!!!!!
    i would like to say tho that the parents of all the teenagers on this site must be very proud of them because they are all very kind and respectful bless em lol

Lyn

Lyn,

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

A lot of parents churn out tons of kids then dont want them under their feet. As long as they are not under their feet they don't seem to care where they are or what they are doing.

These yobs feed off the knowledge that most people are too scared to report their activities due to the fear of retaliation.

And so the anti social acts continue.

I assume that the police are well aware of the problems in your area. What are they doing about it?

It must be so hard for you to try to overcome your anxiety when this is the type of environment that you are being forced to live in.

My son is 15 and my daughter is 12. They would never be allowed to wander the streets or hang round on street corners.

If they want to see their mates, the mates come here or they go to their mates houses.

They play computer, play music or, in the case of my son, go to the park and play football.

This type of anti social behaviour is totally preventable by parents taking sole responsibility for their offsprings behaviour.

Lets hope things improve for you soon, Lyn.

Take care

Kate x

hi,
    just like to say that my hubby got in from work at 10 tonight and every single car in my part of the street about 100 yards has had its windscreen smashed in lucky he was out!!!!!
    everything you said kate was spot on and my children arent allowed out either.
    lyn x

Hiya Lyn,

That is such an awful way to have to live.

Were the police called and if so what action are they taking?

Kate x

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information