Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

Re: I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Thank you for your kind words, Nora.

This morning I am hoping to get a call from the GP practice to discuss my ongoing problems, having been fobbed off by the *******s twice. Having told the receptionist I was having suicidal thoughts I was told to go online at 7am next morning to see if I could get an appointment.

I was told to self-refer but the private company that handles MH issues round here say they're only suitable for mild to moderate illness, and I'm a long way past that.

I genuinely felt like going to the practice this morning with a Stanley knife and when the junkyard dogs come out that guard the precious GPs, putting it to my wrist and saying "either I see a doctor NOW or you get to witness a suicide. Your call."

What my NHS-employed family think of GPs is unprintable here - it'd just be a sea of asterisks but if/when this pandemic is over - or at least, manageable - I'll be campaigning for a public inquiry as to why they were allowed to sit on their pampered arses in splendid isolation when their colleagues in hospitals had no choice.
    Please don't top yourself PM, you're far bigger and better than you think right now. Plus we'd all really miss you on here!

PM - I have recently used the Mind Crisis team, not sure where you are but it might be worth contacting them for some support.

Also I self-referred to the local NHS Crisis Team when I hit the brink and thought I might to myself a mischief. I had 2 weeks of visits every other day and they sorted my medication out. It was really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Absolutely comfortable. 5KV from a transformer off the mains (for early televisions) scares the s**t out of me though.

For audio compressors, I gather that for the modern era there's a plug-in that emulates the Neve 33609 limiter/compressors very well indeed; they're still in production today and the price tag is more than my car's worth!

Whilst you're looking that up, have a look at the old Pye compressor/limiter too
    Wow, some real audio tech talk going on here!

I absolutely adore vintage audio gear, especially from the 70s era, much of which still remains in regular usage in many top studios around the world.

With regards home hi-fi gear, there's nothing more cosy and hypnotic than gawping at a pair of illuminated mechanical VU level meters in motion in a dimly-lit room, whilst enjoying the music at the same time.

A few years back I had an old silver-front Akai AM-U01 hi-fi amplifier dating from around 1979-80 that I purchased second-hand from our local Cash Generators shop. It sports a lovely pair of vertical illuminated mechanical VU level meters combined into a single unit, with each source selector (bar the tape monitor) switch having a green LED lamp above it. Looked great and sounded great, and was gutted when it finally died a couple of years back!

Akai also manufactured a black version of the very same amplifier model and its other matching components in the same set back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Also I self-referred to the local NHS Crisis Team when I hit the brink and thought I might to myself a mischief. I had 2 weeks of visits every other day and they sorted my medication out. It was really helpful.
    It's not like this everywhere though, Catkins. I'm glad you had such excellent support. It must really help.

PM, you have plenty of friends on here..Feel free to use us? I know that IAPT services are woefully inadequate but they do offer a Counselling for Depression service which may be more acceptable to you that the bog standard CBT package?

I do feel fortunate. I was just hopeful that PMs area was similar. In fact it would be great if everyone's was similar to be honest.

Just been out with the dog and had to nip into the garage. Feeling quite cross with myself, I saw my son's best friends mum and she was 'hi, how are you all?' For some reason I replied 'oh fine, we're all well'. I mean I wasn't going to tell her everything that has been going on, but why is it such a reflex to say that.

I'm like that too, Catkins, doesn't matter if I was crying a few minutes ago, if someone asks, I'm doing great.

It would be great if we could just, 'things are shit right now, but I'm hoping they'll improve'

I'd like that a lot, Catkins.

The thing I most want to be able to do, though, as somebody who does a lot of training and techie help, is to be able to say "Yes, you are being stupid, but that's okay, I like you anyway."

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information