Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'M CROSS - AND NEED TO RANT

hi kate, yes there was a police van out there but theres not a lot they can do, unless they catch anyone ( and most of them walk round here with scarfs round their faces, caps on and hoodies over the top so you cant recognise them), people will just have to claim on their car insurance again, i try to keep out of it nowadays i dont want to be summoned to a court case again and i dont want to be subjected to any retaliation particulary as i cant get out of the house much i would be a sitting target. i have to say there are a lot of decent adults and children living around here but they tend to keep themselves to themselves a lot and we did have a group of vigilantes but the police knocked that on the head.
    what makes me angry is their parents say its because they are bored but the council and local churches have spent a fortune on play parks, basketball courts etc and theyve been destroyed within days and hey we found plenty to do when we were kids (and it didnt involve alchopops drugs or sex like it does round here)it was called using your imagination.
    ho hum getting off the soap box now lol
    lyn x

quote:Originally posted by Lottie32

Matt - kids like these actually make me want to join a nunnery! Actually, thats not right, cos if I had kids (and I'm not going to)
    Oooh nuns outfits are cool make sure to send some piccies if u do!! hehe Why do I seem to be surrounded by baby crazy women? There must be more out there like u who dont want um! lol

Charlie - loved the post as always. I guess it wasn't so good for you - have you got the stuff back yet. Kids eh!!!

Lyn - sorry to hear about all your problems - what is the world coming to eh? Mad Mad!!

Matt - I don't want kids. Had my mates 2 last Saturday for 4 hours (not alone I hasten to add - their mum was here too). That was more than enough - nice to say goodbye to them!

Nicola

Matt - I don't want kids - I'm with Nic on that. My friends (very behaved ones) are fun for a few hours. Then I take them back thank you very much

Nic - No. I went to the gym this morning and no sight nor sound I'm afraid. Still an incy bit cross about it too, and can't get retribution next week, as got to go to gym on Tuesday and brats swimming is on Wednesday.

Lyn - that is terrible. I'm extremely lucky that I live in a nice area (apart from when Mart shot Tommy last year, but to be fair, Tommy is a windscreen breaking thug and he deserved it). The leisure centre is in a not so nice town down the road.

Kate - sometimes I could become a Nazi, and make anybody wishing to have kids pass an intelligence and financial test. Only those with the brains and dosh to make sure a kid turned out ok would be allowed to have them. And they would have to take full responsibility for their kids till they were 18.

Thats the problem - nobody is willing to take responsibility for their actions any more. It's always somebody elses fault.

I feel terribly sorry for the bloke who owed all that money on his credit cards and killed himself, and it's terrible for the widow and her kids, but I'm not quite so sympathetic when she had a go at the card companies. At the end of the day, nobody FORCED him to have a card. And surely, she must have noticed they were living over their means? Or am I just a cynical bi**h.

Bring back the bobby on the beat - and a bit of blind eye turning. I'm sorry, but the local thugs were always bought to order with a bit of roughing up. I don't agree with violence, but sometimes it's the only thing they understand.

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Lyn,

That makes my blood boil as well when the excuse is made that the kids are anti social morons cos they are bored.

What a load of crap.

We live in an area where there is basically nil for the kids to do.

Well, I call that tough. Why do the kids of today have to have everything, including recreation, handed to them on a plate.

As you say, we found plenty to do when we were young which did not involve smashing up or stealing other peoples property.

I remember once when I was about 11ish climbing the lampost outside our house.

It was the old type which had the very appealing looking bar near the top, just right for sitting on!!

The neighbour came out and gave us a right ear bashing.

We never did it again!!

Bring back the old values when respect was paramount. Most people do not give two hoots about anyone else these days.

Charlie, if my kids ever caused anyone any problems at all they would be grounded for ever.

I would be so ashamed and mortified if my kids ever brought trouble to my door.

But, then again, myself and my husband have high standards. Others seem to have no standards whatsoever.

These parents should be totally ashamed of themselves in allowing their offspring to behave in such a manner.

Don't suppose they care though.

Kate x

Bring back national service for the little bleeders!!!!(and their parents by the looks of it)

Okay Okay let's all calm down here!!!!!

Kids aren't so bad!! You get some bad uns like you get bad adults but all in all they are not too bad and can be sooo loving and really cheer you up!!!

Theres nothing nicer than your kid telling you they love you and giving you a cuddle!!!

Okay my oldest is driving me iiiiinnnnsane at the moment but I wouldn't be without any of mine!!!!!

Lucky

Hiya Lucky

You are right there. I guess you cant generalise and lump people into categories just because of the 'bad egg' minority.
    Like you say, you get good and bad in all ages. (even nice granny types and miserable grumbling ones...lol)
    Most of my mates kids and my niece and nephew are lovely kids and they do make me laugh the things they come out with.

love Sarah
    xx

Rubbish

Lucky - you are just sooooo naive. Kids only do that when they want something!!!!

Sarah - all children belonging to other family members are ok. COS YOU CAN GIVE THEM BACK

I am not agreeing with either of you, having just stood in the queue at the post office in my lunch hour, whilst a small child in a push chair (aged about 3 - see lazy layabout already) kept kicking me. Even though he was repeatedly told not to by his 8 year old mother.

I couldn't move any further forward cos there was a dazed and confused elderly person in front who smelt of cabbage and wee.

If the brat had been older I would have twa**ed him one, but as he was a "cute" and "innocent" and "defenceless" child, I would not have been "justified" in this case.

I'm rapidly coming round to the conclusion that Britain would be a better place if we set up a group of street patrollers, like the Guardian Angels on the subway, but different. This new group would go round, and basically give any child or teenager who misbehaved, vandalised other peoples property, stole, mugged old ladies etc. etc. a taste of their own medicine.

And before anybody gets all upset, I'm a Christian - an eye for an eye (or should that be a contact lens for a contact lens!)

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Charlie

Thats why I like them...cos I CAN give them back or leave when im fed up of it...lol

love Sarah
    xx

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information