Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood clot test

Re: Blood clot test

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post
    It's so scary I keep seeing posts where people are saying that DVT can cause hardly any symptoms. I'm so terrified that my leg is swollen and I'm not actually realising. I measured my legs and they're the same size. And the blood tests came back ok, so really there's nothing else I should be worrying about. But I keep reading random things that freak me out. It's horrific. I just wish I felt ok. And not worried. If you had the same leg pain and yours was nothing then at least I can try and see it's symptom of anxiety more. I just hope one day my leg doesn't go swollen. And I'm scared if I don't keep checking I'll miss the swelling. God I can't cope with it anymore.
    Yeah honestly hun did have calf pain and was worried like u. But whatever it was it went which makes me think was it an anxiety pain?

Yeah. So the blood tests are 100% reliable?

The pain goes all up my leg sometimes in my calf, sometimes my thigh, sometimes my foot

The blood tests are accurate, when I had one for possible DVT the doctor explained it to me and that if whatever's counted is above a certain level that's not normal then there's probably a clot because there's more blood in one area of the body.
    I like you was terrfied back in June I had DVT. I'd just come off a long haul flight, I smoke and I'm on the pill. My health anxiety was a hell of a lot worse then as well. They eventually got blood out of me and did the tests and luckily I was fine, I think anxiety made it alot worse. I'm sure you're fine!

Thanks for explaining that, it helps to understand more. Thanks to everyone for your help. It's such a struggle :(

I know this post is years old. But I'm wondering g if you found the cause for your stabbing pain in your legs. I too am getting this stabbing and tearing pain in different areas of my leg and don't know the cause. I've had the blood test too to rule out dvt but of course I'm in a panic as to what it could be .

I had an aching left calf for 2 days and has since been followed by pins and needles in my left foot that just don't go away (been there for 10 days now). I'm having a private ultrasound tomorrow and organising private blood tests to help ease my anxiety x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information