Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood clot test

Blood clot test

I got 2 blood tests to check for clots because I'm so worried I've got one. They both came back normal and the doctor said there's nothing to worry about. It's just 'cos I've had left leg pain for ages. No swelling or hotness or anything. It's been there since I've had the worry I'll get DVT. Before I google it can someone let me know if the blood tests are reliable. I got them in a & e. I'm so incredibly scared about this :(

Re: Blood clot test

Anyone? Please? :(

Hi ElectricAlice,

Sorry to hear you have a sore leg, the blood tests are very reliable. they would tell you if you had a blood clot. I'm glad you dont have a blood clot, you dont want to have one, you would not be able to put any weight on your leg, the pain is unbearable.

Hope your leg pain gets better soon, hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post
    Anyone? Please? :(
    Was test di dimer hun thats what ive had today

Quote Originally Posted by anx mum View Post
    Was test di dimer hun thats what ive had today
    Mine come bk normal too hard to believe eh? A few years ago hun i got pain in leg too no cause was found and like urself i thought i had a clot had all sorts of tests private ones too. I guess that was anxiety because went hun

Thanks guys. It's so hard to try and relax. So anx mum you had leg pain too? How long did it last for? That's relieving the blood tests are accurate. I keep getting stabbing pains and it's sore to walk on but not unbearable or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricAlice View Post
    Thanks guys. It's so hard to try and relax. So anx mum you had leg pain too? How long did it last for? That's relieving the blood tests are accurate. I keep getting stabbing pains and it's sore to walk on but not unbearable or anything.
    Yes hun had bad leg if u do search 2009 ur see my threads about my calfs and fear of bood clots. Got so bad in end had private scan in cheletman a mri which was normal eventually pain went and i was left thinking OMG

The threads /postsyou are on about Bev are last year .Around Jan -Feb .. sue x

It's so scary I keep seeing posts where people are saying that DVT can cause hardly any symptoms. I'm so terrified that my leg is swollen and I'm not actually realising. I measured my legs and they're the same size. And the blood tests came back ok, so really there's nothing else I should be worrying about. But I keep reading random things that freak me out. It's horrific. I just wish I felt ok. And not worried. If you had the same leg pain and yours was nothing then at least I can try and see it's symptom of anxiety more. I just hope one day my leg doesn't go swollen. And I'm scared if I don't keep checking I'll miss the swelling. God I can't cope with it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    The threads /postsyou are on about Bev are last year .Around Jan -Feb .. sue x
    Yeah sorry was last year but pain did go eventally even tho dont know what it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information