Thread: Vivid, strange and realistic dreams?

Vivid, strange and realistic dreams?

Is this a side effect? I took my tablet about half an hour before bed last night because they make me drowsy and I wanted some good sleep (I'm on 50mg) but after not even 2 hours of sleep I woke up in a cold sweat with my heart pounding after the most realistic dream. I dreamt I was driving down the motorway and a lorry crashed through the central reservation and swung across. I remember there was loads of wood and dust and it was coming into the car, I could actually smell it then I closed my eyes cos of the dust and the lorry hit me pushing the car backwards. I can't stand dreams like this because of 2 quite serious car accidents I've been in myself in the past. Once I calmed down I went back to sleep but woke up about 3 more times and I remember having very realistic strange dreams but I don't remember them in as much detail.
    Do you think it was because I took the tablets just before I went to bed? I usually take them a lot earlier.

Re: Vivid, strange and realistic dreams?

I can assure you that this is indeed a side effects of zoloft. I had them alot when starting zoloft, they felt more real than any dream I've had before, and the feelings they gave me stuck for long after I was awake. Luckily this is a symptom that subsides once your dose settles. Do not worry about them too much, they are just dreams no matter how real it feels

Re: Vivid, strange and realistic dreams?

Yes, it's a side effect. I had some pretty crazy realistic dreams on it. Well, they weren't 'realistic' at all, but hey 'felt real'.

Thread Information