Thread: boy do I wish people would understand..!

Thumbs down boy do I wish people would understand..!

Just a rant, I have to get it out somewhere 'cause it's really frustrated me!
    I had to fill in a self certification in work today for back last month, which is when I came off citalopram and it had a bad effect on me which sunk me into depression and a sense of 'who gives a flying f**k!'
    Anyway, I told 2 of my managers quite happily what happened, I'm not ashamed, but reading what they wrote really really annoyed me.
    They put that I'd told them I had mild bipolar and that I'd just come off my medication and I felt down so went out for a drink to forget about things and cheer myself up.

I hardly see depression as 'feeling down' and having a drink to self medicate isn't a way to 'cheer myself up' it's an attempt to sort my uncontrollable life out.

I was going to say something but I couldn't be bothered opening a can of worms, luckily it's not tainted my ok mood too much but it doesn't help seeing as I'm forever walking on egg shells anyway.

Re: boy do I wish people would understand..!

Im glad this hasnt brought your mood down too much Lizzie .Its like banging your head on a brickwall most of the time trying to explain things to people .Ignorance of some people is unbelievable ..These types arent worth explaining yourself to . Its not worth the effort .. Take care luv Sue xx

Thread Information