Hi,

I decided last weekend to try to come off my medication. I have been taking 50mgs of Lustral for over 10 years now, which was prescribed to me to treat, depression and anxiety. I have been to my GP in the past and he has agreed to me coming off them and told me how to gradually reduce the dose etc. however, each time I've tried in the past I've only managed a week or so then panicked and gone back on the full dose again. I have been scared to try again but so far having reduced the dose to 25mgs a day, have had no ill effects. Over the last 6 months or so, I have been having far worse anxiety and depression symptoms - while taking the 50mgs (particularly on a Monday after having had a few alcoholic drinks over the weekend) that I am wondering if they could possibly be contributing? Has anyone else experienced this? Or could I need to increase the dose (something I'm very reluctant to do)

Also can anyone advise how long I should take to come off the medication being as I have been on them for so long?

Plus - if I do develop any withdrawal symptoms, how long will they last before I am 'normal' again?

I would be extremely grateful for any advise!

Oh - not that it makes any difference - (or maybe it could do?) I'm 47 and have not yet started to go through the dreaded menopause!

Thanks,

xx

Annie