Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L-theanine or Inositol

L-theanine or Inositol

Hiya question which one works best for anxiety? I've started taking L-theanine and it's fine, it calms me a little but not for long.

All preferences and opinions welcome!

Thanks!

Re: L-theanine or Inositol

Bump!

Hi Saor, I've found high doses of B complex works well, plus magnesium/calcium... I also take celery seed capsules which are great for anxiety. Inositol didn't work for me, and I haven't tried l theanine, though I've heard it's pretty good. I've found that with supplements you've got to take them everyday as most of them are water-soluble so don't stay in the body long x

I take a B-complex, Magnesium, and Omega 3 supplement and still have high anxiety. I started drinking green tea (decaff) but have not noticed a difference yet. I will look for the L-theanine supplement today and try it for a few weeks. Can't hurt according to what I have read.

If you have had success with this, please post

Here is information on L-theanine that I thought I would share:
    http://www.drugs.com/npc/l-theanine.html

I've never heard of L-theanine before in relation to treating anxiety or depression. It seems that there is more evidence to support inositol, as I have seen a reference that L-theanine is not actually proven by any major studies in humans. On the other hand the references to L-theanine do state that it seems useful to combat stress, and stress (the "silent destroyer") plays a major part in anxiety.

I'll stick with inositol as I trust it and do feel that it works for me, even if it gives me a bad stomach. But I'd be very interested to learn more about L-theanine, especially if it has no side effects.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I'l be shortly trying L-Theanine - will keep you updated. I've searched Google for 'L-Theanine experiences' and there are a good few people out there singing it's praises.

Well guys, I stopped taking it, tried both with no real relief. I added Magnesium to my usual Omega 3 and B complex supplements and I have to say, I'm 3 weeks taking it and I have not had rapid heart rate or pounding heart since. I swear to god, it is so calming waking up and my heart is not pounding, or sitting watching television and my heart is not going 150mph.

I suppose it's a matter of finding what suits you. I know Psychopoet you have good results with Inositol and it did nothing for me.

Definitely I think natural is the way the go, if you are off the pills, find an alternative method to keep you ticking over.

Not a day goes by lately where I hear about another supplement! I had no idea about Magnesium. It all makes alot of sense though. Have you read here:
    <link removed>

My word that man has done alot of research. I'm Diabetic II as well - I wasn't even AWARE of this. As I'm sure, many others aren't either.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 20-11-14 at 15:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Saor View Post
    Well guys, I stopped taking it, tried both with no real relief. I added Magnesium to my usual Omega 3 and B complex supplements and I have to say, I'm 3 weeks taking it and I have not had rapid heart rate or pounding heart since. I swear to god, it is so calming waking up and my heart is not pounding, or sitting watching television and my heart is not going 150mph.

I suppose it's a matter of finding what suits you. I know Psychopoet you have good results with Inositol and it did nothing for me.

Definitely I think natural is the way the go, if you are off the pills, find an alternative method to keep you ticking over.

I'm now up to 4g Inositol, 3g Taurine, 200mg L-Theanine and as of two days ago, I added Magnesium Biglycinate as per your recommendation and after reading George Eby's website, 150mg, three times a day.(From Holland and Barrett - Chelated Magnesium)

For the last two days, I've felt extremely positive and notably absent are my heart palpitations and chest pains. I no longer need to take Propranolol!!!! I'll ascribe this to the Magnesium.

I also exercise at least 30 mins a day, in walking or cycling. My overall levels of alcohol consumption are way down as well - this was planned however, but these supplements are very much helping me to get to sleep. Alcohol is used by many as a sedative and reducing it takes that away.

So, something is working. Also, add to that a few cups of Camomile tea. Tis all working....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information