Thread: Help the shaky man !

Help the shaky man !

Hello,

I have come onto this forum in hope I find an answer to my problem, a cure or just get to know like-minded people.

I dont know what Is wrong with me.
    I get shaky hands (whole body really) when ever I am kinda scared.
    I work as a bartender, and its become a real pain at times, but over the years I have covered it up as best I can..Little things like, pouring a bottle of wine holding the bottle with both hands as opposed to one hand like most people, again, poring shots, il hold the bottle with both hands and rest the neck on the glass...These are all things I have used to cover my shaky hands over the years.
    Is there anyone else like me out there? Also, when I have to meet people etc The shakes can get bad.... I use alcohol, 3-4 measures of whiskey sometimes before I have to confront people or use my hands in front of people to help stop me shaking and make me forget about it
    Ah, oh yes, another one is sometimes, when Ii fill my car up with fuel and go in and pay with my fuel card i have to sign, and i find it really hard to do my signature as always at that moment my hand shakes!
    Anyways, would love to know if i can be cured? or get to knoe others like me. Thanks

Hi mig

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Help the shaky man !

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Re: Help the shaky man !

Hello and welcome

Not something I suffer from, can’t even remember reading anything similar on here although I would be surprised if there wasn’t someone who has experienced it. It sounds to me the sort of thing that might well respond well to therapy, is this something you have tried/considered at all?

Thread Information