Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiny hard lump

Tiny hard lump

Hi

Today I found a small (rice sized) lump on my left testicle about 2/3 of the way up the left side of it (towards the back), it's very hard and not painful at all.

I'm terrified that it is cancer. The lump takes me quite a while to find, a few minutes maybe and is quite pointy.

Anyone got any advice? I plan to see the Dr monday/tuesday but I'm scared of what to say to him/her, and think that because it takes me a while to find the lump he might not find it :-\ And there's a good chance I'll chicken out of seeing the Dr.

Jim

Re: Tiny hard lump

I will move this to a more appropriate forum for u

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sounds like what I found!

I think it is called the appendix testes or something like that. Something that can get left over from birth.

And there's a good chance I'll chicken out of seeing the Dr.
    Don't

The VAST majority, like 90% or so, of lumps on the testicle are NOT cancer.

However given the huge cure rate of testicular cancer (> 95%) it is not worth NOT getting any new lump checked out no matter how anxious of the results you are.

IF and it is a BIG IF it is cancer then the earlier it's caught the less hassle it is to cure. For point of reference I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in Feb 2007, because i went to the doctor as soon as I noticed a difference in my testicle it was caught early (Stage 1) 4 years on the only treatment I had to remove my cancer was a simple half hour operation. No chemo, no radiotherapy. 4 years on and everything is still clear.

It probably isn't cancer, more likely a cyst or one of the many many other reasons FAR more common than cancer that cause lumps on the testicle, but as it is one of THE most cureable cancers you can get it simply isn't worth not getting it checked.

Try not to worry, probably not likely I know, remember it is highly unlikely to be cancer but DO get it checked. If it isn't your mind will be put at rest, and if it is then it WILL be cured.

For information only, when I was diagnosed 2 thirds of my testicle were tumor and yet it was still only stage 1 (hadn't spread, didn't have blood supply, or lymph supply). So despite it's size a simple operation was all that was needed.

You could be feeling what is a known as your 'appendix testis.' I've had anxiety over lumps found down there before and had scans. Bottom line is get your self checked out - simply for the peace of mind.

It's not nice worrying about this, trust me, I've spent years of my life worrying about it. Don't go down the same path as me, get yourself checked out and be worry free!

Cheers

Jim,

About 6 months ago i found the EXACT same thing on my one nut. I couldnt remember if it had been there years and unchecked, or if it were something entirely new. It drove me mental and led to many sleepless nights.

Anyhow, finally got to see a Dr (dont have a family doctor here in Ontario- hooray ohip!) who sent me for an ultrasound.

It came back as an epileial cell cyst? Or something like that. And 100% not the C word.

Don't stress it, most are nothing, and the fact you found it while so tiny is even better. and just further proof that it's likely nothing. But go thru the motions and get it ultrasounded just to give you piece of mind. And like someone said, even if it we something needing attention, it's cure rate is like 95-99% and the 5-1% likely waited until they had a third nut before getting checked out.

From the sounds of it, same as what I had (and remains there).

I dated a man years ago who only had one testicle because he'd had one removed due to testicular cancer. After the operation he had a perfectly normal and active life. It is worth getting checked out because when caught early it is easily treatable PLUS it probably isn't cancer and the Dr will be able to reassure you. Good luck and PLEASE don't bottle out.

I noticed a tiny hard lump on the rear lower half of mine, scared me half to death, saw my GP about it and he said it was nothing to worry about but he'd send me for an ultrasound anyway.

I went and had it done and after it was over i lay there on the bed and sat thinking to myself "it's bad news it's bad news oh god", and she turned and said "well, nothing to worry about at all".

Turns out what i can feel is just a bundle of tubing from the testicle, fairly common apparently, and not dangerous in any way for me.

That said, i'll echo the wisdom of other posters here, for the sake of a little embarasment at the GP/Docs, whenever you feel something, get it checked out, if you're not happy with being told "dont worry about it" request an ultrasound.

Even if it was the big C, if you go and get yourself sorted sooner rather than later, in 90% of cases you'll be fine, just one less xmas tree decoration :P

If you're worrying about having ultrasound done (anyone reading this), don't, the worst part about it is the cold jelly lubricant they slap on first.

Hey Guys, Ive had a tiny hard lump on my right testicle for probably like 9 months now. Im not sure if its gotten any bigger cause im not that great a judge of size. Anyway its probably like the size of a dot by your average ball point pen, tiny. If ive had it for this long and haven't started feeling bad then should i be worried or is it just something else. when i say this things hard its almost like a small metal ball. Cheers guys
    oh and im 17 about to turn 18

This is an old post so you may not get many replies on here, you may find it usefull to start your own thread.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information