Thread: Day 18 or 19 now on cit 20 mg ...

Day 18 or 19 now on cit 20 mg ...

I,m really beginning to feel like my old self again , i,m still worried about the acid reflux but on the whole i,m back at work and feel good at the moment . Anyone reading this , stick with it the first 10 days were awefull but it was worth it . I ate next to nothing at first as i just wasn,t hungry at all (not like me i can do easy 4 big macs in one sitting plus fries ) but a bowl of cereal and a tin of soup was all i could manage at first .
    Still wake up in the night every few hours but do get back to sleep . As far as the "man thing" side effect that has sorted itself out aswell (to much info ??)

Im now however constantly hungry and looking forward to putting some weight back on , i like to be just under 15 stone , i,m just over 6 feet tall and i,m happy at that weight .

Just a positive post for anyone just starting out on cit

Things do get better

Good luck everyone

Re: Day 18 or 19 now on cit 20 mg ...

Glad it's working for you! It never had that effect on me, but all the posts on here prove that all medications act differently on different people!

Hi. I'm on 20mg of cit and I haven't had too many side effects besides the dizziness which I think I can manage. But can i ask what other side effects you had that made it so awful. Reason I'm asking is that I'm on day 6 now and last night I kept on having these really strange hot/cold sensations all over my body and my head felt lightheaded but it wasn't. I'm not sure if I was just the anxiety or side effects. It sort of came in waves with nausea. It took me hours to go back to sleep.

Its good to hear that there is "light at the end of the tunnel." I started 20mcg five days ago, and have felt absolutely terrible. Nausea, cant eat, feel extremely anxious (almost paranoid), so tired and dizzy. I've just had to give in to it, and sleep when I want. I suppose one good thing is catching up on sleep. I'd been so anxious and distressed before I started it and hadn't been sleeping. I dont feel safe to drive, so just to have stay at home and do nothing. Cant wait to feel better.

I never had hot/cold sensations but I briefly had that lightheaded feeling you describe. It passed though without too much trouble, it was only when I was lying down as well.
    Personally other than that I had a lack of appetite, I didn't need sleep (I was awake 30 odd hours straight at a time) and basically it sent me hypomanic really (I've got some form of bipolar).
    Then, after about 5 weeks I went totally numb, I felt nothing, and that sent me into depression without really feeling it, if that makes sense.

I was so glad to get off citalopram, also sertraline now. I think I've proved to my doctor now that antidepressants have done me no good!

Good to hear Cit works for you too.

I lost a couple of stones when I started on them - no bad thing in my cse.

Still have a dry mouth and a bit of the , er, 'man issues' but a very small price to pay.

Hi

I'm on Cit 20mg, have been taking it for 2 weeks. (also propanolol)had headache for first 10 days but that has calmed down, also lost my sense of taste, which no one else seems to have had. Sense of taste on its way back but no appetite. All in all I'm OK with the way things are going....anything is better than that horrible feeling of despair

Quote Originally Posted by Lizziesaurus View Post
    Glad it's working for you! It never had that effect on me, but all the posts on here prove that all medications act differently on different people!
    It was the increased depression and anxiety that was the worst for me along with hot and cold flushes and being on edge all the time and constantly bursting into tears for no reason , apparantly the cit can make you feel like this before it gets better ?

One thing for sure i wasn,t like this before (as bad) untill i started takeing them .

Mr bagder , the man thing does ware off

I have been on Cit for 3 months, started on 20mg, now on 25mg. First few weeks, interrupted sleep, no appetite at all, heightened anxiety, but am now on a dose that suits and apart from night time sweats and putting on a fair bit of weight, trying to exercise more, I doing ok.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

I'm trying to watch what I'm eating because I don't want to gain weight lol, my appetite has not changed. My side effects so far on 20mg are feeling restless/restless leg syndrome, and yawning so far. The main ones, anyways.

Thread Information