Thread: Do 'kalms' work for anxiety?

Do 'kalms' work for anxiety?

Now, my anxiety's never been a real problem, it's always taken a backburner to my mood swings. However this is the first time in a good few months that I've been off antidepressants. They had no effect on the bipolar, but the anxiety went away completely with citalopram, and wasn't as bad with sertraline. Now it's bad again, I forgot how horrible it is.
    Last night I was scared someone was going to get me, and then I thought I felt a lump in my thoat and I couldn't breathe and that my heart might explode and I'd just die and noone would know because I live alone.
    On top of that my sleeps more disturbed AGAIN! At least now I can try nytol without being told I shouldn't because I'm on sertraline.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tried 'kalms'. I'm working for the next 9 days so going to the doctor isn't possible, plus he's going on holiday on the 15th, and although I work at the airport, I'm not sure he'll appreciate me popping up in front begging for advice!!
    So I was wondering if they work and are any good?

Any advice appreciated!

Re: Do 'kalms' work for anxiety?

Hi Lizzie, Ive had periods of insomnia for the past 10 years, they go on for a week or two every month without fail, I seem to be so out of sink. Lack of sleep is torture, especially when you have anxiety and panic.

I tried Kalms about 2 years ago for a whole month. The only thing I remember is that it increased my panic attacks and palpatations. I also had an upset tum. Maybe if Id used them longer, things would have settled with my panics, but I chickened out because I simply couldnt cope with the anxiety at the time.

I started using Lavender in the bath (mixed with a little milk), on my pillow, and a little on my hands to inhale. Its become a ritual which seems to have helped me better than a pill. I play a calming tape, read a book for half an hour, then lights off so I can continue listening to the tape. Its kind of like a babys bedtime routine I guess! Drinking hot choc or ovaltine an hour before bed also helps because milk contains tryptophan which is a sleep hormone.......

Anyway, all the best if you choose Kalms, and I hope they work for you, I know a lot of people use it and it works well, just not for me.

Hi, like Paula, Kalms gave me a bad tummy ache. What helped my anxiety was Propranolol, counselling and life changes such as stopping smoking and cutting out caffeine.

Kalms can help some, but not me. Try them though, you have nothing to lose.

[QUOTE=Lizziesaurus;789922]Now, my anxiety's never been a real problem, it's always taken a backburner to my mood swings. However this is the first time in a good few months that I've been off antidepressants. They had no effect on the bipolar, but the anxiety went away completely with citalopram, and wasn't as bad with sertraline. Now it's bad again, I forgot how horrible it is.
    Last night I was scared someone was going to get me, and then I thought I felt a lump in my thoat and I couldn't breathe and that my heart might explode and I'd just die and noone would know because I live alone.
    On top of that my sleeps more disturbed AGAIN! At least now I can try nytol without being told I shouldn't because I'm on sertraline.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had tried 'kalms'. I'm working for the next 9 days so going to the doctor isn't possible, plus he's going on holiday on the 15th, and although I work at the airport, I'm not sure he'll appreciate me popping up in front begging for advice!!
    So I was wondering if they work and are any good?

Hi my name is Leah and I know exactly where you're coming from I also suffer with anxiety and its not nice at all I seem to get all the symtoms of anxiety and I really do feel unwell I cant even sleep at night which is bad because then i feel ill in the day time and i dont get anything done well anyway back toyour question. Yes I think kalms I have been on them before and yes they worked for me they work for allsorts like the menopause and wakefulness and sweating they are herbal so you can't get addicted so I would say try them what have you got to lose I am back on the kalms at the moment just started them today so I wish you luck love you'll be ok

Hi Lizzie

I am currently taking Kalms.... i find they dont get rid of the anxiety but it does bring mine down to a mostly managable level (i.e it sometimes gives me a break from the physical symtoms - although if i am having a really really bad day they sometimes feel like they arent working - i think part of it is probably psycological though - i think i feel better as ive taken something that is supposed to help) i also use rescue remedy spray but form some reason today its making my anxiety worse?!?

Hope this helps xxx

Thread Information