Thread: Swelling/discomfort under left armpit = heart trouble???

Swelling/discomfort under left armpit = heart trouble???

Hello,

I am still worrying about my heart. For a while I have been having these feelings of "tightness" and "pressure" under my left armpit, ribcage, and under my left breast. It almost feels like something is swollen around that area and putting a lot of pressure on the skin. I have checked and checked for lumps and nothing. It's so hard to describe the sensation. It's not painful, just irritating and feeling like there's a big lump around that area.

I have had issues with muscle pain under my left scapula and in my back, so I'm hoping that's what this is. It just gets me so worried. I am shaking right now. Sometimes it extends to my shoulder and my arm, and that is a dull, aching sort of pain. Do you think it's nerve related? I have injured myself before, but this sensation feels entirely different.

Last edited by 85634; 03-02-11 at 03:55.

Re: Swelling/discomfort under left armpit = heart trouble???

Anybody?

OMG - i came on here, (not been on for ages) to have a look to see if anyone had similar symptoms to what Im feeling and you have just described them!!! I have been not too bad with my worrying and anxiety for a while but this last week Ive been terrible :( I have a feeling/pain (not really a pain as a feeling of something there) in my left shoulder area - along my collar bone, sometimes in the joint at the bottom of my neck where the collar bone joins and some aches in my shoulder, armpit and upper chest ( just below collar bone) too. Ive prodded and poked around my armpit, breast, (both sides to compare!) Probably iritating anything that may be a simple explanation but cant stop worrying about it! With my sensible head it is possibly a muscle issue or nerve related - probably due to stress and worrying. (I also broke my left collar bone as a child so that could be a factor) But I do feel there is almost more mass in the left armpit area althought cant feel any suspicious lumps. Ive been worrying sooo badly, just got over bad flu and chest infection and am now convinced Im still feeling tight chest and that something sinister is still going on inside me and is spreading nasties up to my shoulder! I try to be rational and taking paracetamol seems to help as does heat, and when Im busy and distracted I can forget about it so my hubby tries to reassure me if it was something nasty it would be more noticable and constant. AAAGH I just want to feel normal again!!!!
    I know all my symptoms are on the anxiety symptoms list but it doesnt help really!!!
    Sorry to have not helped your problem but thought that maybe having someone else with same worry issues and symptoms might help ease the solitude.
    Take care xx

Bam75 I went to my GP and she told me it was because my heart rate was so high I was feeling pain from my heart literally pounding against my chest. I am a very thin person with a very small ribcage and apparently this isn't uncommon. What is uncommon is my high pulse/BP, which she is checking me for hyperthyroidism but also says it may be due to excess adrenaline from anxiety. Do you have a high pulse?

Thread Information