Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad acid reflux, burning stomach, lump feeling in throat, burning between shoulder bl

bad acid reflux, burning stomach, lump feeling in throat, burning between shoulder bl

for quite a few months now i have started feeling burning just below my ribs right in the center, tight squeezing stomach feeling, lump feeling in throat like i cant swallow,bloatedness, abdomen pains, nausea, burning between shoulder blades & sometimes trembles..

it started back in aug i was going through bad anxiety and just lost all appetite and never ate nothing (one quarter piece of toast a day) up untill nov now am just eating tiny things was mainly bread with ham, tuna or jam , toast, biscuits & chocolate but before i started eating i was getting these burning raw feelings in my belly esp when i felt really really hungry anyway i still have these burning raw feelings and lump in throat even if i have eaten or now........ my doctors kept sending me home with just gavison but i knew something was wrong with me so i basically demande blood tests so i got the results back as high food allergies but the bloods dont tell u which foods so have to get a scope in march i couldnt wait that long so i booked a private food allergy test which shown up i am allergic to wheat , potato's & bananas ( i had been living on bread for 6months ) anyway i now have to go wheat, potato free :( but i have started this yesterday and touch wood not had any bloated feeling but am still having this EXTREME ACID and it just wont budge am having gavison after something to eat usually take this 2-4 times a day also am on lansoperzole 30mg (find these crap!!) i am still getting the scope in march even though ive had the food allergy tests but my negative mind still thinking maybe its something more major not just acid etc..... maybe these tests results are wrong and i have major issues going on in my belly chrons etc....even though my doc done a full round test even for hpylori all neg apart from food allergy one???? the burning does start if i eat choc, hot drinks etc... or if am really hungry can this really just be bad acid and how can i sure it without meds?? is the best option a strict bland diet for a few weeks??

forgot - the burning raw tight pains will start just below my ribs in the center and travel down by my belly button and up into my throat :(

do you no any foods that sooth it ?? i find porridge is ok!! have been told vanilla icecream is good but not tried
    Last edited by honeyp1e; 04-02-11 at 18:54.

Re: bad acid reflux, burning stomach, lump feeling in throat, burning between shoulde

hi mate
    i know how ur feeling . have you tried diff meds .iv just started 40mg of pantoprazole.touch wood they are working but its early days . choc and hot drinks def start me off .i get it in my chest and back ,also feel sick with it and the lump in the throat thing pisses me right off

Re: bad acid reflux, burning stomach, lump feeling in throat, burning between shoulde

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    hi mate
    i know how ur feeling . have you tried diff meds .iv just started 40mg of pantoprazole.touch wood they are working but its early days . choc and hot drinks def start me off .i get it in my chest and back ,also feel sick with it and the lump in the throat thing pisses me right off

OMG some1 in the same boat as me .............. i no how your feeling as i have had chocolate today i usually dont have it well try not to so am burning my whole bk feels like its on fire :( am gonna go back doctors about the meds bein changed.d o you take gavison aswell or anything like that ??
    i didnt believe that it could just be acid!!!! have had this burning in my stomach n back all day and that horrible annoying lump in my throat x
    how do you sooth yours ?

Hi honeypie

I,m in the same boat , but mine settles for nearly a day and then comes back.
    I,m on the lansprazole 30 mg and i also think there crap . The only relief i get when the burning starts is to take a ranitide 150 mg (i have prescription for both) Mine started around October with a sore throat .
    I,ve probably said this before on here , but the ranitidine is just zantac 75 but its double strength . You can (doc said) take the ranitidine aswell but it must be a few hours after the lansoprazole or the lanso doesn,t work .

I would try the otc zantac aswell , gaviscon does nothing for me .

Just a thought , your not takeing the gaviscon within an hour of the lanzo ?? that will stop the lanso working . You need to take the lanso on a empty stomach aswell and no food for 30 minutes after .

Sorry if i,ve said all this before .

Good food for me

steamed chicken
    mash spuds
    ice cold milk
    cucumber
    apples
    cereal like cheerios , porridge
    pasta , brown rice
    any veg steamed or boiled

WORST STUFF LISTED FIRST...

Alcohol .....instant burn

tomatoes
    anything tomatoe based , pizza , rich sauces on pasta etc..
    chocolate
    fried bacon
    chips
    curry
    vinager
    etc etc..

My only vice is 4 cans of beer at night ,i had no beer for a month , i no longer care this week i need the beer . I,m packing it in again from monday .

Me again ..lol..

I think i,m right in saying that the gaviscon just creates a foam barrier at the top of the stomach (like floats) that stops acid comeing up.....but it doesn,t cut the acid down like the zantac / ranitidine does .

I did alot of reading on this on the net , its just what i read but don,t google stomach issues .

Unhappy Re: bad acid reflux, burning stomach, lump feeling in throat, burning between shoulde

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    Me again ..lol..

I think i,m right in saying that the gaviscon just creates a foam barrier at the top of the stomach (like floats) that stops acid comeing up.....but it doesn,t cut the acid down like the zantac / ranitidine does .

I did alot of reading on this on the net , its just what i read but don,t google stomach issues .

yes gavison is meant to be taken after every meal and as you said just cover (floats ) ontop and holds for a while am sick of bein in this pain but i no its the chocolate i ate today and i havent even eaten much all i have had is

5am - woke up hungry

6am - had 3 chocolate roses (stupid idea i no esp having choc on empty stomach thats asking the acid to attack)

7am - piece of flapjack & a warm cup of tea (i did used to drink them red hot but realized now its a no no for acid) (caffine not good for acid )

12pm - 4ryvita crackers, ham & lettuce's ( i just found out that lettuce actually irritate the stomach lining) bit late now

4pm - small bowl of porridge (think this is the only good thing i have eaten all day

so i havent eaten now for nearly 6hours been having chewing gum to push the acid bk down out my throat

so starting now my bland diet begins but i wont eat anything else tonight as the acid is really burning giving me that bad nausea feeling but i no when we dont eat it only gets worse..............

so am just doing myself a little food list of bland foods starting tomorrow no choc etc............. i hate this pain its like a raw burning feeling in my belly plus buring in my left shoulder blade............. but i believe if you stick to a bland diet for about 6-8 weeks you can then start introducing foods back in slowly and see how u go ??

plus i smoke which dont help so i wanna try quitting this to

plus am allergic to wheat, potatoes & bananas i never used to be well i dont think i did as all my bloated pains etc,.. only started once this acid all started ?? so maybe one day i can eat them again but for now i have to be free of these as they cause me to much pains

Best of luck with the bland diet If you find it works please give me a few pointers etc...

This acid stomach is awefull .

Take care x

Quote Originally Posted by mel2 View Post
    Best of luck with the bland diet If you find it works please give me a few pointers etc...

This acid stomach is awefull .

Take care x

I guess anything s worth a try aint it ? am just sick of bein up all hours or been in agony all day with thsi churning / nausea / burning feeling in my belly or just my back burning like crazy... how do you cope with these feelings ??

Hi

I didn,t cope in the end , it was that bad that was the last straw after months of illness and i ended up on AD,S .

How i cope now ...........The ranitidine 150 mg works in 30 minutes when i get the burning . I never thought it would improve at the time but it did and it will for you .
    Ask the Doc about changeing your meds perhaps .

it will get better , but it is awefull at the time . Hope you feel better soon .
    If i was you i,d grab some zantac 75 today and take them aswell untill you see the doc .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information