Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone underweight??

Re: Anyone underweight??

Quote Originally Posted by shoegal View Post
    I hope you don't mind me joining you. I have also lost a lot of weight due to anxiety and what I think might be IBS. I have terrible stomach cramps and burning pains in my left side all the time, and an upset tummy most of the time which my Dr has told me may be caused by a food intolerance. She suggested that I try cutting different foods out of my diet to see if I improve but to be honest I've lost so much weight I daren't as I really cannot afford to cut out any of the food groups!

am like you am losing so much weight and just kept suffering all burning pains etc every-time i ate ANYTHING !! in the end i got so scared to eat i basically just stopped eating (stupid idea i no ) but i just couldn't eat the anxiety that i feel every-time i go to eat something is unreal and i get the biggest lump in my throat ever sometimes i feel like its closing :( am always neg thinking about will this cause me pain / burning etc... my mind never rests so then this will make me just not eat sometimes for days on end its all a big circle i worry about eating then i either eat or don't eat then afterwards i worry it just goes round & round 24/7 i HATE this life am never relaxed for 5mins i don't sleep, hardly eat and never rest..
    i have had every test under the sun all clear apart from one of my blood tests came back as high allergies but they don't no what????
    this makes my anxiety with sky high i also have a phobia of vomiting so this plays a big part aswel i can't win....
    am waiting to go an allergy clinic now but the waiting list is 20weeks but they have tested my blood against wheat, soya-beans, eggs & milk all negative but am still worrying maybe they got it wrong???? and i eat one and i am really allergic to it. my burning pains have died down just when i eat i get little burning between my shoulder blades just for a while but guess my tabs are working for the burning in stomach am just finding that along with that burning between shoulder blades i get like a frothy saliva in my throat.. its my negative thinking i need to get a grip of!!
    yesterday was an ok morning ate breakfast then snack then about 4pm had a tuna mayo on a bread roll but within half hour my stomach went very bloated and then couldn't eat rest of night :( am sick of always suffering and today had some toast for breakfast then a pack of snack a jack rice crisp but now got frothy mouth and trembling, light-headed i just feel dead anxious don't no why ...... but all doc says is anxiety and IBS symptoms but how can i start to gain weight if i cant eat anything anymore as to worry or i get bloated or pains etc..... and why the past three days ive started trembling and feeling light-headed ?? x x

I would think the trembling and the light headed feelings are caused by low blood sugars or hunger. I get exactly the same thing if I haven't eaten enough, and of course the anxiety makes it worse. I am still trying to eat as much as I can without cutting out any of the food groups. I think I'd rather suffer the pain of IBS (assuming that's what I have) than go hungry as well!

Hi,
    I am over weight actually and want to know from under weight guys that what they do with them or what is the factor which is the reason to be underweight...
    Thanks

gym santa ana
    Last edited by Ameryy; 26-03-11 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameryy View Post
    Hi,
    I am over weight actually and want to know from under weight guys that what they do with them or what is the factor which is the reason to be underweight...
    Thanks

gym santa ana
    am underweight as i just lost all my appetite and i just never ate for a few months when my anxiety is high i just cant face foods am just trying to get back to eating now and today i have ate well for me woke up at 4am had a bowl of porridge then an easter egg then about an hour later 2small toast, 12pm pk crisp & a flake then 5pm another bowl of porridge but am so constipated my stomach is killing me so so much i also have nausea, and bad wind but now i wont eat anything as am anxious about why i cant go the loo and its making me feel so sickly

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    am underweight as i just lost all my appetite and i just never ate for a few months when my anxiety is high i just cant face foods am just trying to get back to eating now and today i have ate well for me woke up at 4am had a bowl of porridge then an easter egg then about an hour later 2small toast, 12pm pk crisp & a flake then 5pm another bowl of porridge but am so constipated my stomach is killing me so so much i also have nausea, and bad wind but now i wont eat anything as am anxious about why i cant go the loo and its making me feel so sickly

Thought I would just add a few comments..

Honeyp1e,

I have been suffering with very similar problems for the last 2-3 months. I have lost a lot of weight and I have been obsessed with the idea that something is seriously wrong with me. The doctor said the same thing to me, although I haven't had any tests because every doctor I see is convinced it is ibs. However, over this horrible period I have come to realise that stress and anxiety really is keeping this going. Are you getting help for anxiety (I mean talking therapies - not antidepressents)? This really must be your first line of attack. I have noticed that the more I deal with my anxiety related problems, the better my symptoms have become. I am not better yet, but learning to accept that it really will take a while to recover is helping me.

Keep going and I really suggest you engage (or perhaps disengage through acceptance) with the anxiety first. It is hard to know what foods set off the pain, but actually I have found that if I just eat what I want (within reason) and stop avoiding things, the anxiety around the problem is decreased, and so the symptoms decrease.

I hope this helps in some way!

Quote Originally Posted by JSE View Post
    Thought I would just add a few comments..

Honeyp1e,

I have been suffering with very similar problems for the last 2-3 months. I have lost a lot of weight and I have been obsessed with the idea that something is seriously wrong with me. The doctor said the same thing to me, although I haven't had any tests because every doctor I see is convinced it is ibs. However, over this horrible period I have come to realise that stress and anxiety really is keeping this going. Are you getting help for anxiety (I mean talking therapies - not antidepressents)? This really must be your first line of attack. I have noticed that the more I deal with my anxiety related problems, the better my symptoms have become. I am not better yet, but learning to accept that it really will take a while to recover is helping me.

Keep going and I really suggest you engage (or perhaps disengage through acceptance) with the anxiety first. It is hard to know what foods set off the pain, but actually I have found that if I just eat what I want (within reason) and stop avoiding things, the anxiety around the problem is decreased, and so the symptoms decrease.

I hope this helps in some way!

am like this i am avoiding alot of foods mainly because i worry it may kick off my stomach and the foods i am eating kick it off anyway am so anxious around food right now my anxiety just goes sky high even before i have eaten anythin... my anxiety is sky high i have totally been avoiding wheat as my doc did blood tests and they came bk as high allergies but we didnt no what and my doc told me to avoid wheat and i will be sent to an allergy clinic at the hospital where they tested my bloods so i did anyway i had an appointment at the allergy clinic just a chat with a doc who said they had already tested my bloods with wheat / soya beans milk & eggs and they were all negative but i still cant get that thought out my head that maybe i am allergic to wheat and if i eat it it will cause me pains etc.. anyway the waiting for allergy appoinement is 20weeks that was in feb but the doc said to me that they may not even bring me in for a test as once they have read my referral notes off my doc they may not even give me a test if they think that i dont have an allergy from my symptoms etc so am still waiting but this has caused me so much anxiety that i wont eat normal foods incase they make me ill i have never feared food in my life but now i just cant hardly eat it and its getting me so frustrated at times as am so so hungry i hate the doc for telling me in the first place to avoid wheat etc....... i bought an food intolrance kit from holland and barret and that shower up to limit wheat ??

Im a teeny bit underweight for my age but my weight keeps changing, I did go to 9 stone on ad's, then dropped to 8, I think i'm around. 7.5, aint checked in months so prob be 7 as seem to be getting skinnier every month, no matter what I eat I can't put weight on, it so annoying, I have a body of a 13 year old, no one assumes im over 18, and im 25.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information