Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this ibs please reassurance needed

is this ibs please reassurance needed

Hi ive had health anxiety for years, since last July ive had pains in my left lower tummy down to the groin. I was refered to a specailist in bowel problems and he examined me and said itrs probably ibs. The pains sometimes are so bad that i feel so low, im so scared its not ibs and thats its ovarian cancer. I have pains on and off for so long now,my tummy makes gurgling noises, but what im scared of is that now when i press down on the left side it hurts and also does if i strectch or bend over. Im also getting leg,hip and buttock pain and im so scared does anyone else suffer ibs with theses symptoms.

Re: is this ibs please reassurance needed

Hi,

My IBS pain seems to have shifted a little. One time it would just be contained to my belly button area, my stomach basically.. With cramps lower down when I needed to rush to the loo. The stomach pain is still constant, but more painful now.. But Ive also started getting pain quite low down now too.

I dont have pain in my hips etc etc, but maybe someone else here does?

My belly also makes the same noises.

Try and make sure you're not poking about too much (not saying you are), but Ive been in the habit of 'testing' a certain area for pain, esp if Ive found something like a bump etc etc, then I end up prodding it, probably to the point of bruising it - then causing more pain when I touch it!

x

The bowel ends on the left hand side of the body hence the pain in that area.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi ive had that pain for a long time and its worse and more constant recently and yes mine hurts to bend and stretch and its also in my hip area and i have ibs i also get pain under my ribs on the left side too it feels as if something is pushing the bottom of my ribs out it effects my left ovary area in fact all the left side of my bowel it hurts to put any pressure on x

oh and i also get leg and buttock pain as well my gp had a good prod and said it was my ibs x

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    The bowel ends on the left hand side of the body hence the pain in that area.
    I am interested in this so why would you get pain ? because its the end of the bowel before we go tothe loo?
    I have been having lower left pain.

I think IBS can cause discomfort in any of the four quadrants of the abdomen. Personally, I suffer from it mainly in the upper right, a less common area but still diagnosed as IBS.

I know it's hard to imagine that it can be IBS as the pain is sometimes so bad that we think it must be something more nasty. I know I still wonder if the doctors have mis-diagnosed or maybe they'll discover it's not IBS in the end and that I have Cancer or something.

I think we have to consider the fact that considering IBS produces muscle spasms and plenty of wind, it can be a little unpredicatble as to where it's going to 'strike' next......... left, right, upper or lower.

I would try and refrain from prodding around too much as this will only worsen the discomfort if you are already tender in that area. Also, don't be anxious about the tender area of your tummy being harder than the other side when you press it. Normally this is only due to the fact that when we are in pain, we have a tendency to tense our muscles which will result in the area seeming harder as though we have a lump there or something.

I think that self examination is probably not a good idea for us sufferers, but sadly we all do it.

Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bashley View Post
    Hi ive had health anxiety for years, since last July ive had pains in my left lower tummy down to the groin. I was refered to a specailist in bowel problems and he examined me and said itrs probably ibs. The pains sometimes are so bad that i feel so low, im so scared its not ibs and thats its ovarian cancer. I have pains on and off for so long now,my tummy makes gurgling noises, but what im scared of is that now when i press down on the left side it hurts and also does if i strectch or bend over. Im also getting leg,hip and buttock pain and im so scared does anyone else suffer ibs with theses symptoms.

my doctor also told me i have IBS and i really don't believe them i to kept thinking i have cancer or something major and just cant control my anxiety its just getting worse with this today i have had that nervous stomach feelin like i need to run the loo every 2seconds but i don't go, just the feeling wont go away and i don't no what it is i felt great up untill about 11am then it started and i have real bad wind and god it stinks :( i really can't stop thinking it's not just IBS :(

Hi I have just read your post
    I also suffer with IBS I sometimes get it in my buttocks and it can be very painfull
    Have you tried drinking anything with peppermint in
    I drink Peppermint tea and that releaves a bit
    With my IBS I get
    Wind
    Pain In my left side and my lower stomach
    Also erge to run to the loo
    Constipation
    Diarrehea
    Rumbling in my stomach
    I take a medicine called Kalanticon Gell you can buy it over the counter from the chemists
    I was diagnosed with my IBS when I had the camera up the back passage not a very nice thing I also suffer with mild diverticulitus

Joan

Joan

I am like bronte i get the pain under my rib and on my left side,but with my IBS i can go up to 2 weeks without going to the loo then anxiety kicks in and i cant get off the loo for 2 weeks I think IBS does differ for each person, if you still feel anxious about it revisit your gp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information