Thread: emotions bringing me down to earth with a bump

emotions bringing me down to earth with a bump

I was prescribed citalopram 10mg 2 weeks ago and the doc upped my dose to 20 a week ago. I'm also signed off work at the moment and having CBT. I know it's early days but I had started to feel better, the panic attacks had calmed down a bit and I'm finding it not so difficult to walk out the door anymore!

Last night however I was having a discussion about the state of the house with my partner and he passed a comment about it being untidy. Of cause it is, we;ve had his boys over at the weekend as we've not seen them in a while we made the most of it playing etc rather than hoovering! But I took it to heart and all of a sudden that horrible uncontrolable feeling of emotions came over me and I found myself getting really angry/ upset. I've no idea why it happened it's not even like he's having a go at me! I ended up getting really upset and cried for an hour.

I thought i was doing so well and intended on going back to work on Wednesday (i work with communities who suffer anti social behaviour and with people who cause the issues so it's quite stressful) and now i'm starting to worry that i'm not ready to go back. It hit me so hard last night and was such a shock, i've been knocked for 6 and worried its going to happen again when someone says something at work. Is this feeling something I should expect until the pills work properly in my system in a few more weeks time?

I know I'm probably being impatient but I went from being happy to right back down to earth with an almighty bump and it scared me a bit

Re: emotions bringing me down to earth with a bump

I think they call it a blip , its not a backward step , just an off day .

Thread Information