Thread: Hi, I'm Jane :)

Hi, I'm Jane :)

Hi all,

My name is Jane I am a stressed out 33 year old single mum.
    Long story short, my mum and dad divorced when i was 12, I left family home at 15 due to not getting on with my mum and have been on my own and depressed since. Lots of failed relationships due to lack of trust ( If I can't trust my mum then who can I trust-silly brain of mine) Have moved around a lot trying to find 'home' so have been very unsettled for many years. Moved to Wales 3 years ago for a better life but still can't get happy. Am full of lots of self hate and negative thoughts and worry all the time. I try my best where my daughter is concerned to hide my emotional mess but it is very hard as she is going through puberty and tells me every day that she hates me and constantly back chats me. I went to see doctor this morning and she has put me on citalopram 20mg so fingers crossed I will start feeling a bit better soon. Found this site by accident - everything happens for a reason

Hi Janierich

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi, I'm Jane :)

Hi Jane, welcome to the forum. Im sure once the meds kick in you will start to feel much better. Im in South Wales, where abouts are you? My daughter was the anti-christ from the ages of 15-19, but has turned into a fab 21 year old whom Im proud of. It will get better haha! Its nice to meet you, you're not alone x

Thanks Paula, meds have made me feel quite queasy and cloudy headed but will persevere as I think these side effects only last a week or two (fingers crossed)
    I'm in Conwy, moved here from London for a quieter life It's hard being so far away from family but citylife was too hectic for me!
    Thanks for the warm welcome, glad I found the site

Sending you lots of support and a hug too, we are all here for you honey

Very much appreciated

HI Jane,

Welcome to NMP.

I can relate to you, big relationship problems with my mum, moved to Wales 4 years ago and been on cit 20 mg since June which have helped tremendously.

This site has been a great help, hope you get as much from it as I have done. X

P.S. You haven't a silly brain at all!

Welcome Jane.

Hi Jane - welcome! I too have a delightful teenage daughter - the fact that i am breathing is enough to make her hate me. Her sister is through this stage and is a joy to be around - this one though will be lucky to survive - she really tests my patience. Conwy is beautiful - i had an amazing holiday in a tent there - rained lots but when the sun came out it was fab! Beautiful part of the world. Take care - hope the horrid feeling wears off soon - i can't ever get past that stage to get on the drugs - makes my anxiety worse. Good luck though. xxx

Thanks for all the support peeps, really helps me to know I have found a place where I don't feel alone and where I can talk with like minded people. I'm sick of people asking me "what's up?" then being told to stop being silly when I say I'm feeling down. Some people just don't understand. Being here, receiving replies and reading posts has given me hope that these tabs I'm on could deffo make a difference so I will continue to persevere and also given me hope that my daughter will turn from a gremlin into a princess in the near future(fingers crossed!!)
    Good luck everyone on your journeys, and thanks again for your support x

Thread Information