Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again :(

Re: Here we go again :(

Well day 1 wasn't too bad.

Felt nauseous all day which was like being pregnant again. Very anxious in the evening but I am every evening anyway! Taking the diazepam as well just to take the edge off cause I know I am more anxious because I have taken a pill not the pill itself doing it to me.

Well taken 2nd one today now thinking of ways to keep busy today!

Patsta so glad you are feeling a bit better keep me posted with how you are doing its so good to talk to someone who understands!! xx

Well I'm on day 3 and don't feel too good.

Not sleeping well, nauseous, no appetite and more anxious. Get hot flushes and feel quite week and tired. Can these side effects kick in so quickly or is it my anxiety??

I am determined this time not to give up like I did with the prozac as it is not as bad.

Just taking it easy today no energy apart from nervouse energy!!

Patsta how are you doing???

Hey Lizzy g...hang in there...its just the side effects, for some reason they seem to kick in around day 3 more. I am now on day 11.... increased my dose to 50mg 2 days ago and only had a fuzzy head on the first day. Am feeling better each day, still getting a little anxious, but nothing that I can't cope with. I had exactly the same side effects as you, not sleeping well, loss of appetite and more anxious, but in a few more days that will subside, you will find you will sleep better, your anxiety will decrease, appetite may or may not increase, (mine is a little better, but not back to eating normally yet....which is a good thing...have lost 4 kilos YAY!)
    Keep your mind active by reading books or doing puzzles, watching a show that you like on tv etc. Rest through the day, but try not to have a long nap, otherwise you could be up longer through the night! Maybe go for a walk, it may help.
    Just remember its only going to get better from here!
    Keep me posted!
    Good luck

Hey Lizzyg, How are you going on your meds?

Not doing too good at the moment on day 5.

Nausea seems to have gone but I am sooooo tired. My legs feel really week. My Doc says not a bad thing and just try to sleep.

Got really bad headache today and had some hot flushes in the night.

Just feel generally unwell so staying in bed today and watching TV. Anxiety symptoms still high especially in the evening. I get the tight chest and feelings of unable to breath. I now go out in the garden at night for fresh air and practice the relaxation positions my psycotherapist has taught me. Good job the neighbours can't see me!!!

Pastata love reading your posts as it gives me some hope that the way I feel right now will pass. Everyone tells me it will but its hard to imagine at the moment as it has been so long

Please give me an update on how you are doing....

Hi Lizzyg,
    I'm doing a better....day 13 now, still feeling a little anxious, not as bad as the beginning. The headaches, tiredeness, shortness of breath and hot flushes are all part of the side effects and they will go soon, I had all of them too! Now I just have a little anxiety still! Its strange, because its there, and its like I'm waiting for it to hit full force, but it won't, so I'd say the beds are started to work. I still get a little shaky, I know that will go too, as I recall having it in the past when I started to take my meds. Yesterday, I took a xanax in the morning, I had to take my daughter for a post op check-up to the hospital, and was feeling a little edgy....felt much calmer in about 15 minutes, and was ok for the rest of the day. The last time I had started taking my meds again, I recall taking xanax everyday for about 2 weeks or more until my meds kicked in. This time, I've only taken it 3 times since I've started again, so I figure I'm learning to cope with it a little better and know that its not going to hurt me.
    Sometimes we need to stay in bed and rest, but sometimes it also helps to move around a little more, it helps us forget about all the bad side effects. Last Sunday I felt quite bad, with the side effects, fuzzy head, headache, dizzy and shortness of breath. I spent the day outdoors, weeding the garden, mowing the lawn, washing the car etc...i was out there for about 4 hours and although I got tired, I felt much better afterwards and the side effects didn't seem as bad.
    Keep up the good work Lizzyg, in no time you will start to feel better, just keep your mind active and try not to think about the side effects, (lol, easier said than done, I know) and never, ever give up!
    Cheers
    Patty

Well I have managed 7 days!

Nausea gone got my appetite back, just really really tired and getting a headache in the morning. Only getting the tremors in the evenings.

The side effects are not great but much better than the prozac.

I have spent the last 2 days mostly in bed because I am so tired. But seeing as I have hardly slept for 6 weeks not really surprised.

Up this afternoon and looking for something to do.

How are you patty?? Keep me posted with how you are getting on. How is your little daughter??

Hi Lizzyg
    Its great to hear that you are doing better! The headaches will ease up, I got them early on too. I still get the tremors as well, but not as bad...its strange, I find its like an internal tremor...wierd feeling! I still get quite tired, but I try not to stay in bed for too long, as it seems to make me more lethargic and I really need to start living my life normally again to try ande combat this depressed state I'm in. I think part of my problem is that I am home all day, by myself after dropping kids off at school....and its not that I don't have enough to do, (7 of us in the house!)...I get a little overwhelmed at times and get sick of doing the same old things everyday, along with no adult conversation until 6pm when my husband gets home, and even then its not much as he is tired from work!
    Anyway, my anxiety is not so bad now, its just a little niggling feeling that is there, but not...if that makes any sense!
    My daughter is doing very well...its amazing how quickly kids recover from surgery...she had her tonsils and adenoids out, as she suffered from severe obstructive sleep apneoa...and is sleeping much better now!
    Keep up the good work Lizzyg...not long to go now before you start feeling 100% again!
    Cheers
    Patty

Day 8 and upped my dose :(

Felt ok this morning almost normal had a bath and was really relaxed.

Took my usual 25mg and cut the other 25mg in half as was not brave enough to double the dose.

4 hours later feel terrible tremors all over my body, palpitations and hyperventlilating. Don't know if it is my anxiety as I upped my dose or because I've of the increase dose??? Taken a diazepam so hopefully will calm down soon. I am even typing at 100 mile an hour!!!

How are you today Patty. You sound to me like you got a house full to take care of ?? I've only got 2 kids although one has autism and that is enough for me. Glad the op went well for your daughter kids bounce back so quickly why can't we be like that??

I know what you mean about being on your own. I have been signed off work since christmas there is no way my mind can think at the moment and my job involves alot of decision making. I do get lonely and thoughts go round and round in my head. I have made a list of jobs I need to do round the house which I never get the chance to but have only ticked one off so far as have felt so unwell the last 7 days.

My husband is also getting fed up with doing everything at the moment and is getting quite grumpy! But feeling like this I am still so scared to even go to the shops! My head wants to but the body says no

Be glad to hear from you Patty and how you are getting on look forward everyday to reading your posts

Hi Lizzyg,
    I was the same when it came time to increase my dose! I got anxious about doing it, but in the end...the side effects weren't as bad! I only had a little bit of a fuzzy head on the day I increased them! The side effects don't seem to last as long when you up the dose, I think because the meds are already in your system!
    You certainly have your hands full too with your son being autistic....it takes a special kind of person to be able to cope with that!
    As for having your list of jobs...one step at a time. You should feel good about ticking one off...especially having done it over the last 7 days when you have felt crappy...its an achievement. I have a list of things in my head that I need to do, but haven't done much of it either...its hard when you feel so bad.
    Anyway...each say I seem to be improving...its day 16 now....felt a little anxious yesterday, but had not had a good nights sleep the night before, so I was really tired all day...which I believe made me a little more anxious than what I've been feeling.
    Woke up this morning feeling a little more anxious again....but I think thats because all the kids will be going to school today (had 2 at home yesterday) and I will be home by myself. Its funny....I used to love being home by myself...couldn't wait til everyone had headed of to work and school just so I could get some peace and quiet! I do have a fair bit of cleaning to do, so I will put the music up loud and go about doing it! Overall though Lizzyg...am feeling much better and you will too very soon!
    Cheers
    Patty

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information