Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again :(

Re: Here we go again :(

Well another day nearly over!

Actually felt ok this morning even bathed the dogs although they weren't too happy!

Take my medication at midday upped a liitle mit again and 2 hours later the tremors, palpitations and hyperventaltion set in.

Don't feel quite so tired so kept a bit busy.

Having a rest now and the usual physical symtoms have hit me full force think time for a diazepam.

So glad you are feeling better Patty and are keeping busy. So funny that we are both going through the same experience but on opposite sides of the world!

Keep going Patty and I will wait for the day you tell me I feel GREAT!

Liz xxxx

Well done Lizzyg....you are getting there! I think, when we keep ourselves busy....we don't think of our symptoms as much... the minute we stop is when it hits us! I am feeling better everyday, although the last 2 days, have felt a little anxious, but nothing that I can't cope with. At times I have thought of taking half a Xanax, just to calm me a little, but then I just tell myself that its nothing, that I'm ok and it will pass! It usually does! I'm glad you have the diazepam to take when you need to, it really does help in the early stages when we have all those horrible side effects! Over here doctors do notlike to prescribe tranquilisers as they say they can be addictive if used over a long period of time. My doctor on the other hand is fantastic and says that it is a great med and should be taken if you need it! He also says that if it was put in the worlds water supply, there would be no wars an alot more peace on earth! lol...I agree with him!
    Just remember that you willhave good and bad days....but its not too far away now, that you will start to feel alot better!
    Take care....speak soon!

Hi Lizzyg....how are you doing? I hope you are starting to feel better!
    I am getting a little stronger each day...all the side effects are gone....and yesterday I had my first anxiety free day since I started my meds! YAY!
    Let me know how you are going!
    Patty

Hi Patty
    I am sooo pleased for you an anxiety free day I can't imagine what that must be like!!!!
    I have been staying down my mums the last 3 days no internet there. Doubled my dose now up to 50mg and am feeling lots of physical effects at the moment. shakiness nausea again and hyperventilation.
    Very stressful at home kids are off for half term and lots of arguments between my husband and 15 yr old daughter with me in the middle. So went and had a break and she looked after me which was lovely.
    I had my haircut yesterday first time since November mum came with me felt anxious the whole time but did it and was so pleased. I wouldn't even of considered that a week ago!
    On day 13 now of Sertraline so hoping I will feel a positive effect soon. At least I am sleeping I could sleep all day and all night!
    Again I am soo pleased you had a good day love hearing positive things!
    Take Care xxxxx

Hi Lizzyg,
    Its great that you have taken some time off and have your mum to look after you! Sometimes, we need someone to look after us instead of us doing all the looking after all the time, regardless of how well or not we feel! The side effects of increading your dose won't last as long as when you first started taking your meds as its already in your system and just needs to adjust a little. You will find you start to feel better over the next few days....you will still have good and bad days, but the bad days won't be as bad! Well done for getting out and having your haircut...it a step forward!
    I am on day 21 now ( I think!) and feeling a little stronger each day...I still get a little anxious at times, but its decreasing each day and some days I even have an anxiety free day! You are not far off from that Lizzyg...keep up the great work...in no time at all you will be saying "I feel great!"
    Take care
    Patty

Hi Patty
    Day 14 today and its the fist time I have felt almost normal! Anxiety still bubbling under the surface but have gone all day so far without having to lie down just to calm myself down.
    It is starting to bubble up again now so going upstairs in mo to practice my meditation my psycotherapist taught me.
    It really is a start but am too scared to say I feel a bit better in case it all goes down hill again!
    How are you doing?? Kids back at scool tomorrow so on my own again but at the moment dont feel too bothered.
    Hope that you are still feeling better.
    Take Care
    Liz xxxx

Hi Liz,
    That is fantastic news...I am so happy for you! Its great when you start to feel better and almost normal....I've been having more and more of these days lately! Like you, anxiety is still there a little, but easy to cope with as its not consuming me like before....yes we will still have bad days, but more good than bad from now on!
    Keep up the good work and keep taking care of yourself!
    Cheers
    Patty

Hi Liz and Patty~

I hope you girls don't mind me joining your posts. I was just prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and depression and am SOOOO SCARED to take it. I have read WAY to much about the side effects and completely freaked myself out. Unfortunatley, I'm not functioning very well right now. I wake up daily with that doom and gloom feeling/dread of facing the day. Then I spend alot of my day pacing about worrying about how I feel. It's awful Now on top of the anxiety I've developed pretty intense depression. I look at myself and don't even know who I am anymore. Also, when my anxiety started, I developed a crazy/scary thought about the universe going on and on forever and it's stuck in my head and scares the daylights out of me. I don't know if either of you experienced the crazy thought symptom but it's terrible!

Patty, I know you said you experienced dizziness as a side effect. Can you tell me, was it like spinning or more like an off balance feeling? I'm scared of being dizzy. Also, can each of you tell me what your worst side effect was and how you dealt with it?

My husband has left to pick up my perscription. I hope I have the courage to take it.

Sorry for such a long post.

Blessings,
    Jackie

Hi Jackie,
    I too have crazy thoughts...i think its just part and parcel of anxiety! I know on many occassions I've sat there looking into the sky and wondering...we know only so much of our universe, but what is beyond that...it can't just stop somewhere and then nothing...it just doens't make sense! lol...yep been there done that! ts funny how our minds work!
    Anyway as for the Zoloft....I think its marvelous! I've been on and off it for 9 years...and once it kicks in...its fantastic. The side effects are not so great, but everyone is different, you may find its not so bad for you. I had a fuzzy head...more like being a little off balance, not like my head is spinning...a couple of days of headaches, tiredness...increased anxiety and depression...and agitation. I found day 3 being the worst, after that the side effects started to ease up. I increased my dose from 25mg to 50mg on day 10 (I think) and apart from the first day of feeling a little fuzzy, the side effects weren't so bad! I've now been on them 3 weeks and feeling heaps better...still get a little anxiety, but I can cope with it, and its only a matter of time before I won't get it at all.
    As for coping with the side effects, you just have to do what your body wants. I found that if i kept active, I didn't think about it as much and felt better. Having said that, there were days when I was really tired and just rested as much as I could, but i tried not to sleep through the day in the first few days, because insomnia can be another side effect! (but only for afew days!) My doctor has also prescribed me xanax to help with the side effects and anxiety until my meds started to work. Its wonderful stuff, takes all the anxiety away in about 15 minutes! (but can be addictive, so you only take it when you need it!)
    I don't know what else I can tell you Jackie, except...be strong...persevere....it will be a tough first few days, but it is so worth it in the end...just to get back your quality of life!
    Keep us posted and let us know how you are going....we will support and help you through it!
    Good Luck and take care
    Patty

Hi Jackie
    I too have experienced intense anxiety and then depression since Christmas. I havn't worked since Christmas and was just 'scared and nervous' all the time.
    I could have just stayed in bed all day didn't care about anything.
    Tried Prozac and Anafril and had very nasty reactions to both the side effects unbearable which just fed my fear and anxiety. I was determined I was not going to take another pill again.
    Doctor prescribed sertraline and it took me a week to take it. What prompted me in the end was my husbands valentines card! I really was a 'lost' soul which was upsetting him and the children.
    I am really glad I took it now. I started on 25mg and had nausea (like being pregnant again!) then got internal tremors, extreme tiredness and agitation and hperventalation (but then I had those anyway!). I spent 2 days in bed and had several naps during the day on the other days. I upped the dose on day 10 to 50mg which I did gradually over 2 days.
    Day 15 now and feel so much better. All side effects are gone apart from the tiredness which isn't bad cause I sleep all night. I hadn't slept really since christmas.
    My mind is clear no racing thoughts in fact I am thinking of things I want to do!
    Saw my Doc this morning she is so pleased with me and said I should feel even better in the next couple of weeks.
    Give it try I know exactly how you feel as I was so scared to put that pill in my mouth but now so glad I did. Just take each day as it comes and if you need to rest then rest!
    I have also kept a Sertraline diary so I can look back and see how I felt at the start and how I feel now because you do forget!
    Also Patty is ahead of me and she gave me the inspiration to keep going on the bad days because I knew there could be a light at the end of the tunnel and I didn't have to feel so bad and 'stuck'.
    Good luck Jackie and keep us posted everyday with how you are doing we will give you all the support and encouragement you need as we know exactly how you feel!
    Take care
    Liz xxxx

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information