Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chest Pain & Other Symptoms, Withdrawal Symptoms?

Chest Pain & Other Symptoms, Withdrawal Symptoms?

I have been getting some chest pain for about a week, It's been slightly worse the last day or two and i am worried about it, I am having achey arms as well.

I am in constant pain at the moment as i seem to have Pulpitis in one of my teeth and they are struggling to find out which one is causing it so i'm going to be having toothache, mouth pain, earache and throat pain for at least another week until i go back to hopefully have a root canal done, What worries me is that Pulpitis is an infection in the tooth and there's no way to get rid of it by using antibiotics or anything, Only a root canal gets rid of it.

I guess what i am worried about is could this affect my heart in anyway?

I'm not sure if this chest pain and other problems are withdrawal symptoms? I came off Cipralex 2 weeks ago.

Re: Chest Pain & Other Symptoms, Withdrawal Symptoms?

I'm not sure if this chest pain and other problems are withdrawal symptoms? I came off Cipralex 2 weeks ago.

You have just answered your question Eggy.

Your body has to get used to being without this medication and these symptoms are classic of anxiety.

If i may be critical, If you try to spend less time focusing on your symptoms and try to gain some control and confidence back, you will feel a whole lot better. Not every ache and pain means fatal illness.

Life is too short to worry every single minute of every day. Have some fun and live poppet.

Lisa
    xxx

Eggy

I've had root canal done a good few times, it didn't affect my heart, the only thing that caused my heart any symptoms was my anxiety.

I'm sure you haven't got anything to worry about, and they are investigating your tooth, so you have done the right thing by going the dentist.

Lisa is right you need to stop spending so much time focusing on the symptoms.

di x

Quote Originally Posted by diane07 View Post
    Eggy

I've had root canal done a good few times, it didn't affect my heart, the only thing that caused my heart any symptoms was my anxiety.

I'm sure you haven't got anything to worry about, and they are investigating your tooth, so you have done the right thing by going the dentist.

Lisa is right you need to stop spending so much time focusing on the symptoms.

di x
    I haven't had a root canal i've got untreated Pulpitis and should hopefully have a root canal next week, What i was saying was is that Pulpitis is an infection and i've probably had it for 2-3 weeks at least and antibiotics don't cure it only a root canal does and i have to wait another week and i don't know if the infection can spread and go down the throat and affect organs?

Eggy how did your dentist suspect pulpitis if they haven't found it?

And what makes you think it will affect your heart?

It may give you a slightly upset stomach, but in no way can damage the heart. Your other symptoms are due to your withdrawal, I agree with previous posters.

Well I googled it and no mention of any harm to other parts of the body

The chest pain is probably still indigestion like before

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by diane07 View Post
    Eggy how did your dentist suspect pulpitis if they haven't found it?

And what makes you think it will affect your heart?
    I've been going to the dental hospital every week for the past 6 weeks and they know it's pulpitis from signs and symptoms but from what they told me the brain gets confused and doesn't know which tooth it's coming from and the pain i am getting in the tooth is probably referred pain from a different tooth, They done loads of work on this tooth that hurts in the past 2 weeks but it hasn't made any difference.

They have already done 4 fillings and got rid of the big holes, They said it could be any one of 4-5 teeth that has pulpitis and they need to do work on each one to see which one is causing the problem, There is one they suspect could be the cause and they are on about doing a root canal on it next week as i had a really deep filling in it 2 weeks ago and they think it could have been decayed too close to the nerve hence why the filling hasn't stopped the pain, It's very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Well I googled it and no mention of any harm to other parts of the body

The chest pain is probably still indigestion like before
    What even though i've been on Lansoprazole for over 6 weeks?

The pain is there constantly or most of the time, It doesn't appear when eating or after eating as it's already there.

Pulpitis can be firmly diagnosed by an X-Ray. It would not normally be connected with referred pain..have they done an X-Ray?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information