hey guys

i know exactly how you feel, every symptom i have however minor it is, is cancer, and like you michelle, i also had a phase where i had no symptoms and was still convinced i had cancer, the lack of symptoms made my anxiety about it worse cos i was convinced it was just so well hidden in my body that by the time they found it, it would be too late!

i have been reading up on health anxiety and one of the things which has helped me is to stop trying to prove there is nothing wrong with you. although doctors can prove through tests etc. that you do have a specific illness, it is impossible to prove that you don't have anything wrong with you. If your doctors have assured you that there is nothing wrong, you need to accept this and move on, instead of worrying about the remote possibility that they have missed something. Nothing is 100% certain. We take risks all day every day, in everything we do, and 99.99999999999% of the time nothing bad happens, its just accepting this that is the hard bit!

katy, i dont know if you saw my post 'great book on health anxiety' (sorry i dont know how to do the link [:I]), but it might be worth you checking this book out as it explains health anxiety really well, and has loads of good exercises to help with it.

take care all,
mag xxx