Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cipralex journey

Cipralex journey

Well, its been just over two weeks now, although only 6 days on 10mg.

I can feel some improvement (albeit small). I am not crying, which is a start but still quite anxious in the mornings and appetite still way off. I do not sleep well either, usually about 4.5 hours a night, wake around 4.30am and then can't get back to sleep. My mind still races around but I kinda feel calmer?? Getting myself worked up over a few things, should I go back to work next week (been off 4 weeks so far) and also my daughter has a parents evening next week which I must go to. When I think of these, the instant sick / butterflies feeling takes over :-(

Just want to be free of all this anxiety Shite! Sorry bout the language...

Re: Cipralex journey

Hi, glad they`re helping a little. I found that they did for a while help with depression but did little for anxiety. Increased to 20mg a month ago and now seem as bad as i was before i started them. Have tried them all over the years, get so tired of it but do hope they help you, different med`s for different people i guess, just wish i could find the right one.

Go to hear things are on the up swing SMB

These meds do help many people, but not all. The key perspective is that of all the millions taking this med you really only hear from the one percent having issues...

I hope that we all find some help and get better. There is a fix for us all we just can't give up looking for it. Englishguy I do hope you find something increasing can be like starting over again so it may take a little more time to see the benefits, so hang in there.

I find journaling my progress here that going back you can see the progression, especially with this med as it seems to progress subtly

Take care

Good day so far today, and I have managed breakfast which is the first time in 4 weeks!

Went to docs this morning, he is pleased with my progress. Signed me off for another week with a phased return to work the week after on reduced hours. At the moment I feel fine with this. He said its likely I will take 2 steps forward and 1 step back for sometime yet (what joy!).

As for the not sleeping.. well he said that should get better with time, I can take a zopiclone up to twice a week just to get a bit more sleep. The nausea should also reduce over time.

Trying not to think about parents evening next week (the ex husband is also going) although its not freaking me out today as much as it was yesterday. I will just wait for Tuesday and see what happens.

x

Great news. Yeah my therapist said the same thing, two steps forward and one step back but at least it is progression.

Part of the difficulty with anxiety is that we care too much about what other people think, which in reality is us believing that everyone is thinking about us. The truth of the matter is everyone is self absorbed, and probably only give ten percent of their thoughts to someone else. People with anxiety however think it the opposite which is wrong.

It hard to grasp but the remedy is to try and not take things personally. It takes practice to master and I am so far from it right now. My point here is SMB you are you, not what others think of you. I truth they will only think about you for a short time. So try to not worry about the parent night, be yourself. The person who has to like you is you.

Now children fall into a special category with their parents for unconditional love.... So they don't ever have to worry about you not loving them... Because you always will.

You are doing well so be kind go yourself.

Thanks Anxious, I am gonna keep reading your post for inspiration until Tuesday!

Had an ok weekend, bit up and down yesterday but handled it well. Today is good so far.

Fed up with the sleeping side though, I think its more the tablets than anxiety?? has anyone else had this for such a long time, i feel my best when i go to bed so thats why i think its the tablets keeping me awake.

SMB see if you can find some Melatonin to help with sleep. It is natural substance and has no side effects. It works for me, it doesn't make you fall asleep but make you have a deep sleep.

It settles down an active mind, many people use it to cure jet lag.

Do a little online research it may be something for you.

Thanks, im going to see what i can find out, willing to try anything at this point!

H I Smb try and keep going it is hard i know but you will get there ? you are doing well take care speak soon? xx

3 weeks update:

Having a bit of a strange day... feel bit anxious but ok, dont really feel like I want to do anything though???

Still bit worked up about tomorrow, anxiety management in the morning and then parents evening, also its my daughters 13 birthday tomorrow and i desperately want to be having a good day for her sake!....maybe thats why feel bit funny today.

Sometimes I feel so stupid/useless... nobody "normal" gets in a state about their childs birthday and a parents evening! I might sneak in a few Diazepam tomorrow, haven't had any for weeks.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information