Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex journey

Re: Cipralex journey

Glad to hear you are doing well, Mondays are hard for everyone I think.....

Continue the good work....

Another good week down, hoping that I have now hit an even keel with the dosage. monday mornings are crap but other than that feel pretty "normal".

Heres to a good forthcoming week!

Awesome news SMB!!!!

Mondays are hard for many of us, but it is only one day of seven.

Take care

So far so good. Hoping it stays like this.... this I can cope with. Minimal anxiety on the odd occasions. Even monday was the best one i have had for a long long time.

5 months in now so hoping ive hit the level.

xx

Excellent news SMB!!!

As we gain more time feeling better we will find it easier I am sure.

After 16 months of anxiety on and off it looks like I have got to the bottom of it, well majority of it anyway.

Mondays are not my best days, learning to live with that. Only usually lasts few hours so I can cope with that.

My anxiety/panic attacks are definately associated to my hormone changes during my menstrual cycle. The reason this has only come about in the last 16 months is prior to this I was always on somekind of contraception. My options are to possibly go back on to a contraception which I don't really want to do or learn to live with it. The latter (albeit hard) is really my only option. I do not want to put chemicals in my body which aren't needed.

It kinda feels better now that the docs have confirmed this is what they believe. They have given me information from the web stating details on this. I think I might ask for CBT to help deal with it during my menstrual cycle, they can only say no.

So there it is, after my arguments with councellors that nothing dramatic had happened recently in my life and I was sure it was something chemically in my head/body... they insisted it wasn't. I am not "dissing" councellors, they do a great job but I knew with me, it wasn't a traumatic event.

So I am now on a new learning curve, I must carry on with my daily walks (when possible), eat sensibly (which I do anyway) and learn to stop listening to the second voice in my head when Mr anxiety knocks on my door! Carry on with my 10mgs of Cipralex and possibly have specific CBT.

Im going to be busy!

Hope all are well

That is great news at least in the fact you have answers...and a few options to help you.

You seem to be a very strong and determined person so i am sure what course of action you take you will be successful!

I wish you all the best! Take care.

Well its been that week again..... blip time!

Its been rough, still a little anxious at times, trying to fight it as much as I can.

Spoke to the doc friday about CBT. He seems positive about it, got a form to fill in and he will decide in a months time on my next appt. Think the hesitation is because I have had counselling and anxiety managment already.... NHS cutbacks i presume.

I am not going to write anything too negative, trying to keep strong and abreast of this blip.

x

SMB

CBT is a good idea wish it was free in Canada.

You know the reason for the upcoming blip so maybe treat this as an opportunity to relax and avoid stresses (if possible).

My wife suffers a rough week before her cycle too. In fact we seem to fight the most during this week. Guess I am selfish in thinking I should be the only lunatic ...lol

Hang in there you will be through it soon enough

Take care

Thank god "that" week is over! blip gone. Back to normal again....... until next month!

Holiday in 4 weeks time, not going abroad, taking the family and my dog to the New Forest. Its beautiful there and the dog is going to love it, he's first holiday!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information