Thread: Is it for me ?

Is it for me ?

Hi, Iv been on citalopram for 21 days now. The first 12 days at 14 days at 10mg then up to 20mg on the docs instructions. Although I feel slightly better, I was wondering if the benefits of citalopram increase the more you take it or if this is all the benefits I will feel ? I know it takes time to get in your system but Im scared this is how good it will get and I may need to up the dose !

Re: Is it for me ?

I felt some difference on 20mg but had to increase to 35mg to find the theraputic dose .It is advisable to give it 6-8 weeks on each dose to get the maximum benefits before you increase again .So all you can do is wait and see really .These things take time .A few days can make a lot of difference . t/c Sue x

Iv noticed that Im slightly more depressed in the mornings since Iv started citalopram. Is this normal ? It eases off as the day progresses and the tablet I take at 9am kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by carolea View Post
    Iv noticed that Im slightly more depressed in the mornings since Iv started citalopram. Is this normal ? It eases off as the day progresses and the tablet I take at 9am kicks in.
    I had this. I have been on Cit for 3 1/2 months, I started on 20mg, stayed on that for 9 weeks but had depression in the mornings, so went back to my GP who said I should try 30mg, I gave 25mg a whirl first and 4 weeks in on that dose, it seems to be doing the trick on the whole.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Thread Information