Thread: Exercise using a Rowing Machines

Exercise using a Rowing Machines

Hi Everyone

I am trying to do some exercise using a rowing machine. Has anyone used one before, and how many minutes did you do.

I tried to have a go today, managed to do like 10 minutes on the easiest setting, but had to stop cos I felt so sick and dizzy, I could have carried on if it wasn't for that.

I don't really know what I am asking here, as my brain has seem to have gone blank. Hmmm perhaps its people experiences of using rowing machines and that. Oh I don't know.lol

Anita.

Re: Exercise using a Rowing Machines

hi anita i used to do sets of 15mins at first i wouldnt push yourself too far incase u hurt your tummy goodluck

Hi
    I’m a regular gym user and the rower is one of my favourite pieces of equipment as it tones a lot of your body. The secret with rowers is not to go to fast and do a row in four deliberate movements. Start with the seat forward and your knees bent, push back with your legs till they are strait and only then pull with your arms till the handle is against your body. It is then imperative you pause for a second or two then straiten your arms and finally slide forward pause again and repeat. It is also absolutely vital your back stays upright all the time, if need be position a mirror so you can watch yourself.

The way you describe how you feel leads me to think you are going too fast. You might also benefit from doing two ten minute reps with a short break between, also drink plenty of water.

I use them up at David Lloyds, I do about ten minutes at the mo, don't push yourself too hard to begin with, you can increase the time by a couple of minutes each time you do it.

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Thread Information