Thread: is this agoraphobia?

is this agoraphobia?

hey guys, need to know if this is actually agoraphobia or not cause its driving me crazy!!
    iv been havin pas for about 2 years and in the past four months or so iv become more and more scared about going outside. i havent gone out at the weekends with my friends, i dont like going shopping, i had to sit out a school service today... tonight i was at a restaurant with my parents and i was totally terrified the whole time i was there, had a small pa in the bathroom (luckily no one noticed!)
    its gotten to the point where im considering fakign sick next week to get out of the holiday to england to see my uncle that my parents have been planning because im terrified of going to new places and having more panic attacks.
    can someone help me? is this agoraphobia or not because im really confused and really scared.

love, katie xxx

katie have you ever read claire weekes books on agraphobia . she believes in many cases that agraphobia is a reaction to fear of symptoms. in this way you get the symptoms and end up being afraid to go out

in the same way if you get rid of your fears and the fear of your symptoms , going outside would become less of an issue.

does this make sense. it means that if it is slight agraphobia it is just a fear you have from youir underlining fear. read the book i have reccomended it will amke everything alot clearer. it is called simple effective help for your nerves or essential help for your nerves

jackie

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default...=cms&c=reading

sorry katie you can get the books from the site above or from good book shops

hope this helps

jackie

Katie - I have got the Claire Weekes book. Let me know if you want me to send you it. I agree with Jackie, reading it really helped me start to feel better.
    Love Helen

Thread Information