Thread: vCJD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

vCJD

Hello Everyone.

As a little bit of a background for myself. When I was about 11 years old I heard about Mad Cow disease. It was at this time I decided to not eat beef for about a year. This was in 2000. Well, fast track to December 2006. I started having panic attacks about Mad Cow. I started getting pains in my arms and legs, twitching, weird pains in my face, and I swore my memory was going. I decided not to eat beef. I didnt eat beef again until the middle of 2009 where I decided by fears were probably unfounded.

Now to today. About a week and a half ago my fears started coming back. Some of the pain in my arms and legs have come back. I have strange pains in my face (especially my nose) and I feel as if the skin on my body doesn't feel right. I know that sticky skin is a symptom and its really freaking me out. Its especially so on my hands and on my face. My lips as well seem to feel weird with odd pains. Mind you all the pain is on and off. One hour it will be there, the next it wont. The only thing consistent is the feeling that my skin doesn't feel right.

I I am terrified at vCJD is causing it. I realize the chances are very low. I live in the United States. But at the same time I cannot but help to worry about it. I have Crohns disease and I know that the lining of the colon can make you more likely to get it. Considering I have ulcers, its making me panic even more.
    Last edited by Leovinus1; 13-02-11 at 05:45. Reason: update information

Thread Information