Thread: Hello from Austria

Hello from Austria

Hello Dear Community,

I am a 26 year old lawyer and I am currently studying a Laws Master at the Vienna University, Austria. I come from Venezuela and my anxiety/panic attacks issues began on April 2010 while working 12 hours a day in a top law firm and planning my studies in Austria. In fact, the first panic attack I had (which I remember pretty well and thought I was literally going to die) occurred after having a talk with the Austrian Embassy in Venezuela and the employee of the Embassy saying that I could have been deported out of Austria if I did not do something I knew was not possible to do (she was mistaken in the long run). 5 minutes after that information I began having 180 beats per minute, high blood pressure, then super low blood pressure, then I had spams and so on so forth until the ambulance came and said: "you have nothing, all is fine".

I visited my general practitioner, which is a very good friend of my dad (my dad being a doctor himself) and he explained me I suffered from a panic attack and I should look for psychological/psychiatrical help, which I latter did, seeing as my panic attacks at work occurred often.

I started visiting my therapist and he suggested a low dosage of Clonazepam and Paroxetin (2 mgs per day and 12,5 mgs per day). My life was wracked, I had to quit my job to finish organizing my studies in Austria, I was leaving my country, I was leaving my parents and I was stucked into this miserable condition that anxiety disorder and panic disorder is.

Now I have been in Vienna for 5 months and with the help of my therapist and my sister (also a doctor) I have tappered the benzodiazepines (Clonazepam) and I have been drug free for anxiety for 1 month.

I've read a lot of useful information on this website and would like to help any other person under a situation like this one.

Thank you all,

Wien

Hi Wien

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hello from Austria

So pleased you were able to get to grips with the panic anxiety and thanks for sharing your story. Best wishes for the future.
    Veronicax

Re: Hello from Austria

Thank you very much to all of you.

I do consider there is a lot of very valuable information on the website and that is great .

I will write later on a but more about myself and my condition.

Best regards,

Thread Information