Thread: Right Lower Quadrant Pain

Right Lower Quadrant Pain

Can anyone relate? I need some reassurance.

I was walking around in Tesco with an uncomfortable side which got so bad walking was just too painful. The next morning I awoke earlier than usual and the pain was still present although only a niggle or little sharp pain. I went to A+E as I was afraid I might have appendix issues. I was sent home. Next day I returned after some walking brought on a similar onset of pain.

I told my concerns and got admitted. After a series of blood tests and an ultra sound scan nothing was found to be abnormal. White blood cell count didn't increase and appendix did not look inflamed. Physical examinations did not provoke any pain and seemed to check out alright.

The pain started on Friday 11th Feb. and is still there now Tuesday 15th. It is not a constant pain, it comes and goes and can feel worse with exertion. I have had some gas issues recently, in that I just think am burping more over the past few months and I have felt very bloated after eating too much etc recently.

I'm 22, male, in OK shape and have no other health issues.

Can anyone relate?

I will go to my GP tomorrow and ask for another blood test to make sure nothing is getting worse, not that the pain is. It is quite subtle. But... as a worrier, I'd feel better for it.

All the best.

Re: Right Lower Quadrant Pain

Did they suggest anything at all like IBS, wind, constipation?

It could be indigestion too.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have quite a lot of wind recently but no issues with constipation. I will bring all these things up tomorrow with the doctor though and work toward a solution. Hopefully the pain will continuously diminish until gone but will see, gonna give it two weeks.

Hi ya Ian, try some peppermint or fennel tea. IBS and trapped wind can cause this type of pain where the small intestine meets the big. Had it myself for a good few months last year. Also try a tummy massage going from right to left in a circular motion to help de-gas quicker!
    Rachael

I had this for over 5 months, the same thing - ultrasound, numerous blood tests, physical exams etc and they found nothing. I then took some laxatives and the pain went a little - I do have IBS but seems I was quite constipated.

Try not eating bread ,beans peas ,cauliflower and every other food that causes a build up of Gas .Bread causes a lot of probs with a lot of people .Buscopan will help the spasms .Or the Dr can perscribe you something similar .Walking will help the gas to move ,thats why you felt like you did in Tescos . Windeze may help you as well .Hope you manage to find something that helps . Sue

Thank you all. Your supportive reassurance fills me with hope that I may return to my normal routine soon instead of isolating myself and wallowing in anxiety.

Anyways will update tomorrow.

In conclusion the doctor gave me a physical, no pain. I discussed my concerns and left happy. The pain is almost gone but will be sure to eat more easily digested foods and maybe stop working my lower muscles with those new exercises I started.

Thread Information