Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Here goes - Citalopram the sequel

Re: Here goes - Citalopram the sequel

Day 15 20mg, good nights sleep with great dreams! Starting to feel a bit of a buzz is this the serotonin kicking in! Went swimming this morning before work and definitely feeling good.

Evening now and I'm exhausted again it must be the 20mg hitting me, I fancy a beer but not sure if I should have alcohol whilst my bodies getting used to this drug.
    Last edited by oldtime; 25-02-11 at 22:17.

A beer last night what a treat, a real ale went straight to my head but it was like nectar.

Had insomnia over night, I forgot to take the inositol, is there a connection as my sleep has been ok so far.

Day 18 - Slept better last night, had some inositol again it seems to help. Went for a walk this morning and took some old toys to the charity shop. My anxiety is well down from 2 weeks ago, in fact at times I have felt almost normal, something I thought I might never feel again. We went for a walk in the New Forest on Sunday and got lost, my wife decided to practice her karate on me to vent her frustration at my rubbish navigation. She is dangerous!

Get you, Mr positive!

Wish I'd done a daily diary of sorts when I started on cit last June...my only significant memory is roughly day 18, still on 10mg of cit, went to Glastonbury festival for the 1st time with my 2 young boys in tow. (40th birthday mid life crisis type thing!). It was fantastic and forgot all about anxiety and taking cit, still took it, just forgot I was on it....! Got tickets again for this year...guarantee of zero anxiety and grumpiness!

Totally recommended.

Clare X

Glastonbury is a great chill out venue. I have been twice although we camped in the Police compound and had hot showers and a decent toilet. I helped set up the computers for recording crimes during the festival. We dressed as hippies it was cool, the police that were working under cover really went to town on their hippie outfits. We saw Oasis live, my favorites were the comedy tent and the rave tent.

Blimey, undercover police dressed as hippies - no way...? I'll look at hippies there in a different light now!

There were so many places we didn't get to see last year, certainly not the comedy tent, spent LOTS of time in the Kidz Field and Green Kids Field, but if we didn't take the boys we wouldn't have been able to go, so a compromise was in order, and they won! However camping in Cockmill Meadow we were near the Pyramid Stage, so saw all the late headliners, Muse were awesome.

The closest experience I had of the police there was the search for my 5 year old on the return from the lovely toilets during the Scissor Sisters performance. Thank goodness for 'The Welfare', with juice and biscuits and crayons!

Oh I'm getting excited now!

Thanks for the diary mohc its great to hear positive results, ive been on them for 10 days today 20mg, yesterday was my best day yet felt very good but today back to normal just ok
    i cant wait for the walks back in the new forest but im just not ready for them yet and its too cold

Mohc

Great to see you are feeling better mate

Day 19 - Cit 20mg, reduced my dose of Dosulepin to 25mg last night from 35mg as part of the cross tapering - two weeks at 25mg then I'm meant to stop taking it. Sleep was pretty rubbish, I think I'm in for a week of poor sleep as I get used to the lower Dosulepin dose.

Stomach's not too good today a bit windy! Perhaps I've had an easy ride so far it's only been 5 days on 20mg and Dosulepin is meant to have quite bad withdrawal. Still the anxiety is not bad so I feel better able to handle any side effects.

Thanks for all the support guys.
    Last edited by oldtime; 01-03-11 at 21:02.

Day 20 [cit 20mg Dosulepin 25mg] - (6 days of cit 20mg) slept OK ish, my gut is still suffering and my appetites gone. Apart from that I still feel pretty good.

I think the dosulepin slows your digestive system down, so now I'm reducing the dose its speeding up again big time. Another thing I've noticed is my resting heart rate was up at about 80 on dosulepin and has fallen back now to a more normal for me 65. The dry mouth at night side effect has gone as well. I will be glad to get it completely out of my system in few weeks time.

During the first week of taking Cit I had all day headaches, fortunately they have completely gone now.

Its sunny today here in Bournemouth so hopefully will get out for a lunchtime walk.
    Last edited by oldtime; 02-03-11 at 16:08.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information