Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Here goes - Citalopram the sequel

Re: Here goes - Citalopram the sequel

Hi all
    Blue Jeans - Your approach to coming off sounds good...went to the doc who was not particularly helpful about it, she just said "Its simple take one 10 mg every 3 days and stick on 20 the other two and gradually work down" all a bit sketchy to my mind! Am working on trying to keep up motivation...positive thinking, gym, less wine, less munchies that follow wine, and nipping a bit off the citalopram each night.... Keep up the good work all... down with the fat layer and up with life! love x

Day 21 - [20mg Cit, 25mg Dosulepin] So a milestone reached at 3 weeks, 2 weeks at 10mg and 1 week at 20mg.

I guess side effects are expected, some anxiety symptoms have flared up muscle tightness in my neck and back. My digestion system is in overdrive and sleeping is rubbish again, one week into the 20mg is probably the peak of the bad side effects. At least my head is clear and I still feel ok ish.

Anyway I went to yoga last night and had a bit of a chill out, we started with meditation and humming! During the balancing I managed to fall over, it is really quite a laugh as I'm so inflexible.
    Last edited by oldtime; 03-03-11 at 10:32.

Day 22 - [20mg Cit, 25mg Dosulepin]
    Things are settling down again and I'm starting to sleep better. The doctor said I might need to go to 30mg or 40mg cit when I stop the Dosulepin.

This weekend we are away in Taunton the weather forecast is good, looking forward to the break. The family is gagging for a proper holiday, I don't feel upto travelling far at the moment. We had brilliant family adventures before I had anxiety if Cit can help bring that back for me I would be so happy.
    Last edited by oldtime; 04-03-11 at 13:00.

Day 24 - [20mg Cit, 25mg Dosulepin]
    A good weekend break, a bit of a test for me cramped with the wife and two young over excited children in a hotel room. It all went very well, we went out walking in exmoor, visited a castle and had some very good pub nosh. The kids had a fight over some duck food, fatal mistake of buying only one bag of seed to share. My son managed to knock a whole cup of drinking chocolate over in the restaurant, what a mess.

Enjoying hearing about your sequel...especially the kids stuff - experiencing the fights and mess myself. How old are they by the way? x

My son is 9 and my daughter is 12. She is a teenager in training and my son is Star Wars crazy. How old are your kids?

Day 25 - [20mg Cit, 25mg Dosulepin]
    Still can't sleep very well, but apart from that I feel fine, 11 days on 20mg I recon I'm through the worst now.
    Had a good walk in moors valley country park this morning, to the lookout a wooden tower in the middle of the trees, from the top there is a good view across the forest.

I'm taking a lot of supplements:
    Inositol - seems to cure everything from anxiety to baldness
    Vit b complex with added vit c - apparently helps adrenals to recover from stress and detoxes you
    magnesium - possibly depleted in anxiety suffers
    probiotics - for IBS
    Omega3 - For nerves and brain
    Glaucosamine - for joints and back pain

Not sure if they help or not, my wife says I'm getting obsessive about them. Hmmm as far as I'm concerned I'll try anything if there is a chance it will help me.
    Last edited by oldtime; 09-03-11 at 10:58.

Day 26 - [20mg Cit, 25mg Dosulepin]
    Well all pretty good, I'm getting calmer by the day and happier. But I do feel a bit dopey, is this something you have to live with when taking Cit or does it go away?
    Last edited by oldtime; 10-03-11 at 10:13.

Hey have been reading your post... im a citalopram "newbie" i am on day 5 of my journey...cant beleive how much my anxiety increased... today so far apart from first thing i feel not 2 bad... had a crazeeee dream last night lol but after reading some posts i know that this is well kinda "normal" .
    Wot i am worried about is that ive suffered so long without any medical help.. that will it actually work?? ive forgotton what is actually feels like not to be anxious !!!! :(
    Oh im on 20mgs
    x

Stazz, day 5 - 14 are the hardest side effects wise. Crazeee dreams are one of the fun side effects for me, but they seem to have stopped now boo hoo. Lets hope you will soon discover again what you were like before anxiety.

Citalopram = dopey, yes. I would call it slightly numbing, and permanently more knackered although I'm getting to forget what I normally feel like pre cit..., but am I not right that all anti d's make you feel that way, or do others have less of a dopey tired effect...?

Oh and the dreams I hate, make me wonder which planet I'm on sometimes they're so realistic. Haven't stopped after 9 months unfortunately.

My boys are 5 and 6, no room for feeling tired when they are around, oh no!

C x

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information