Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on/been on quetiapine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone on/been on quetiapine

Hi I know my post is a medication one but i hope its okay for it to stay on this site as its read more than the meds one.My GP yesterday changed one of my meds to Quetiapinea aka Seroquel,its to replace my Diazpam,well i took one today 25mg after an hour i was in Morrisons talking to a family friend then the next thing i knew was i thought i was going to die on the spot..the ringing in my ears/sweating/heart racing/thought i was going to have a heart attack i really did,she knew by looking at me so did one of the workers he looked over and shouted "do you need a first aider" he knew by the colour of me..i got sat down and was given a cup of water..a few mins later i was more with it again..wow that was one scary fright..can anyone help me? do you think it was the new tablet? im not taking one again,thank goodness i wasnt driving as i would of crashed.

Re: Anyone on/been on quetiapine

Quote Originally Posted by sandy40 View Post
    Hi I know my post is a medication one but i hope its okay for it to stay on this site as its read more than the meds one.My GP yesterday changed one of my meds to Quetiapinea aka Seroquel,its to replace my Diazpam,well i took one today 25mg after an hour i was in Morrisons talking to a family friend then the next thing i knew was i thought i was going to die on the spot..the ringing in my ears/sweating/heart racing/thought i was going to have a heart attack i really did,she knew by looking at me so did one of the workers he looked over and shouted "do you need a first aider" he knew by the colour of me..i got sat down and was given a cup of water..a few mins later i was more with it again..wow that was one scary fright..can anyone help me? do you think it was the new tablet? im not taking one again,thank goodness i wasnt driving as i would of crashed.
    Im on this drug have it at night as it makes me very drowsy.

Do you think it was the tablet that made me feel like i did? I took my first on 25mg about 10 am then it was just after 11 that i went like that..how do you cope with it?

Quote Originally Posted by sandy40 View Post
    Do you think it was the tablet that made me feel like i did? I took my first on 25mg about 10 am then it was just after 11 that i went like that..how do you cope with it?
    didnt they tell u to have it at night? Did u feel dizzy after having it? Diazpam is better tablet i know there addive

have tried quetiapine and found that it kicked in quick and pretty much knocked me out for hours, stopped taking it but would`nt mind trying it again as i need to be knocked out. sorry it had such affects on you, how much diazepam was you on before stopping them?

Hi i was told to take it twice a day..morning and night,i was on only diazepam 5mg 3x a day but it stopped working,i also take 30mg Mirtazapine at night...i hope it was the quetiapine and not that im really ill..

that`s quite a combination. Mirtazapine also seem to knock me out, would`nt personally have thought it so good to take Mirtazapine and quetipine, sounds like a strong combination to me which is weird as most things don`t touch me but those 2 do when it comes to knocking me out.
    3x5mg of diazepam, wish i could get some as not doing well, but it could withdrawal from them plus your new combiantion! i`m baffled.
    used to be on 3x10g diazepam for some years but got myself off of them now i need them i get nothing but crappy cipramil, oh dear, it aint fun is it??????

Well thats me off the quetiapine,ive 2 young kids so cant be like that,the mirtazapine im fine with now,to begin with it also knocked me for 6 but im ok with it now,i take it an hour before bed..my cpn is seeing me on tues so i will tell her what happened...ive never been on citpramil,i was on Duloxetine for about 20mths but now on Mirt,my other half says my med cupboard is like a Pharmacy..

oh im also cold turkey on Pregabalin..not been on it for 2 days now,id to stop it before starting the new one.

please don`t stop any meds based on any advice from me or anyone that isn`t a qualified professional, obviously if they are making you bad you will see but know your own mind and please don`t let my own experience sway your thinking. Is it anxiety they were prescribed for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information