I know there are so many of us out there who experience these and you've probably had a million posts like this so I'll apologise now

I have experience panic attacks previously and had all the health checks going and thankfully I've been attack free for a good 6 months now

However, Friday night I felt utterly drained and went to bed early. I was laid on my left hand side and suddenly felt a strange feeling in my chest, I can describe it, not painful or uncomfortable, just strange. So, I took my pulse and could feel my heat beating at a normal rate but all of a sudden it beat twice really quick, paused and then started beating normally again. This pattern continued for about 15 minutes. While I was getting this I felt a hot wave go right through me and my face went bright red!! As soon as the irregular beats stopped and my heart was beating normal, all the other symptoms disappeared. The strange feeling in my chest stopped and the hotness went too.

Afterwards I felt totally drained and shaky. I have to stress that through all this I didn't panic or even get a butterfly, (think my body had trained itself not to freak anymore)

I woke yesterday and felt fine. Had a long walk today, all uphill and bang, out of nowhere while sat watching TV I could feel the wierdness in my chest again and just new what my heart was doing. And sure enough, the same symptoms for about 5 minutes this time.

I'm sat here now feeling like I've run a marathon and feel shaky.

I don't think this is a panic attack as I feel great at the minute and don't really have any more worries than is normal in this life.

I know they are harmless but it just doesn't feel normal and I wonder if this could be something like a problem with my thyroid as the symptoms seem to fit but I had this tested for a couple of years ago when I started with palps and panic attacks.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post but I feel better just getting it all down. Any suggestions or similar symptoms would be great to hear. Would be nice to know I'm not going mad or in immediate danger! LOL X